Charlie Brenneman Appreciation thread

Wizzlebiz

Wizzlebiz is the Wizziest
@Silver
Reaction score
I want to pay my respects to one of the greats of MMA. For there is no one else who gets ko'd in hilarious ways as this man. His hair really puts the exclamation point on him getting merked.

Evidence below.

He was comic relief during his time and I want to make sure tis not forgotten.

giphy.gif

That night he beat Story was unreal

Yes, especially because story beat Hendricks early on

Story also grinded out a decision against Thiago Alves too, that was a good win for Brenneman.

He was the last fighter to fight against Rumble at 170 too

usa_today_9087938.0.jpg

When people hear the name Charlie Brenneman they won’t go “oh hey he’s a punk” they will go you know what “that’s a warrior.”

1.gif

Story also grinded out a decision against Thiago Alves too, that was a good win for Brenneman.

usa_today_9087938.0.jpg

When people hear the name Charlie Brenneman they won’t go “oh hey he’s a punk” they will go you know what “that’s a warrior.”

1.gif

They will say he's "a warrior" yes "that got his ass anhialated" Dont quote me on that since I misspelled anhialated.

You must not be familiar with the legend that is Olaf Alfonso.

There's a name i didn't expect to see today.

Paying your respects? I didn't know he had died, rip.

One of the few fighters I actually actively disliked. His victories and won rounds consisted of him scoring single leg takedowns and then burying his face into the mat and chest of his opponent so he could avoid being hit while he squirmed around and occasionally flailed his arms. He represented all that is awful in MMA. Thoroughly enjoyed watching him be repeatedly knocked flat.

He was the only fighter to side with the UFC when Jon Jones refused to fight at UFC 151. Such a kissass. All for naught. He eventually gets cut while Jones is still with the UFC (I don't even like Jones).

usa_today_9087938.0.jpg

1.gif
No they will.go "hey hes the douche with the stupid hair who got ko'ed a lot".

Yes, especially because story beat Hendricks early on

I will defend Story here. He was out matched and lost that fight and I think it broke his spirit, but he was conned.

Brenneman knew Marquart may not be able to fight long before even the UFC. He was training to be the on hand replacement when Nate was forced to bow out at the last minute. Story had no notice and fought someone completely unlike his original opponent who had be training to fight specifically him for a few weeks. Brenneman tricked him, made a name for himself (very briefly) and made some cash for helping the UFC out of a bind.

Damn a lot of tough words said for the bloke -- he's a great dude from what I hear. I won't try to convince you guys to join his fan club if you hate his ground game, but I'd always pulled for the guy based on what I've heard from mutual friends. I mean whatever though lol maybe this thread would give him a good chuckle haha

Chuck would beat the wig off of TS' head.

Jeez already forgot he had a fight agains Rumble. Is this guy still alive :D

I never realized the early stoppage in the Rumble fight

Back