UFC Veteran Liz Carmouche Interview After Being Fired the Day She Visited Arlington Cemetery

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
wreaths.jpg

“I’m a little bit pained,” Liz Carmouche told MMA Junkie. “They brought me out here and had me doing a lot of media obligations. I went to Arlington Cemetery and was part of the wreath ceremony. They brought me out as a veteran and as a fighter. Then today they had me going to the hospital and talking to different people and different wards – only to find out that I’d been released earlier. The news just finally trickled down to me.

“It’s a little bit insane that you would (do that). I took time off from work to be here at my own pocket expense. It’s a little bit sad. Then, two, that it would be done that way… I’m here with the UFC and you could have actually spoken to me firsthand then hear it from my management team.

“Especially during the holiday season. I have a four-year-old at home. . . . And to be done this way is definitely not a great taste.

“It definitely sucks, but at the same time, I know it’s for good reason. They’re are a lot more positive things in my future. There’s been all different organizations that have been contacting me for years now. And I just expressed my loyalty to the UFC and stayed with the organization.

“So now I can actually be a free agent and see what the best opportunity is, who is going to have the best fighters, and really I’m looking forward to that aspect of it.

“I stayed in the UFC because they had the top, most competitive women. Bellator is second to that and I see a lot of prospects,” Carmouche said. “They’re building their division doing a phenomenal job. (Macfarlane) has built that up and I really feel like she’s made Bellator what it is as far as the women are concerned. So I certainly don’t want to take anything from her.

“But I also know there are other organizations like RIZIN and ONE. Both have such great fighters and they’re great shows.”

Last edited:
Lol that's pretty dirty on the UFC's part. They could've told her before she went to a press event for them.

mLAjKr1.gif

Covington is shitting his pants right now. Imagine if he loses a boring fight to Usman...

Lmao what a goofosaurus organization. They should learn from the yakuza how to run business.

The timing of this was horrendous. I doubt it was intentional, but how could they fuck up THAT badly

They were a bit on the boring side... And Cyborg and Metamoris said hello.

Meh, she owed them one.

Dana went around saying women would never fight in the UFC and Cyborg was Wanderlei in a dress, then gifted the biggest spot ever to "The Girlrilla".

<DisgustingHHH>

They have a history of doing this. They are fucking assholes and unprofessional.

Yeah Carmouche, next time think twice before avoiding fighting for a 25 minute main event.

But really, very shitty timing by UFC, one could think it was by accident, but...

edit: ...but:
They have a history of doing this. They are fucking assholes and unprofessional.

wow that is very disrespectful to the whole event.
Its imo not about WMMA or anything else but a little human decency.

Was going to say, saw she got cut, then saw a photo later today of her doing promo for the UFC for this event.

Fucking bullshit move by the UFC on this one. Jesus. At least cover her expenses.

Liz didn't come to fight

She came to collect a paycheck

In essence, she was stealing from the UFC

Whatta fucking joke

<31>

I have no issue with them releasing her after that recent abomination of a fight but the timing is just a slap in the face.

That is some seriously low budget shit, even by UFC standards.

Back