User A/V Control during UFC Broadcasts?

TheMMAnalyst

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I was wondering what it would take for the UFC to get me to sign-up for ESPN+ and buy their PPV's if they aren't going to stack cards like they used to (which they obviously aren't for the foreseeable future).

For me the biggest thing outside of reducing cards to increase the quality would be to give Audio/Video Control to the User during the Broadcast.

I absolutely hate hearing broadcast commentary during fights sometimes (depending on the broadcasts or just the vibe in the booth that night), sometimes I just want to hear the crowd noise and the fighters fighting (and possibly talking shit to each other).

It would be legitimately awesome to be able to toggle the audio between Commentary/No Commentary/Corner Instructions so that you can experience the fight in what feels the most enjoyable way that you deem. This would also be of immense value for re-watching fights and would add a super-unique dynamic to it.

The UFC tried a retrograde version of this with Contender series when they had the Snoop/Uriah commentary option. I don't think we need more commentary though; what we need is less and to actually be more "in the fight" with only relevant audio. Too often the broadcast team dictates your focus throughout the fight and doesn't provide the proper gravitas to what is happening.

Same with the video angles they choose; they pick some really inopportune times to switch between cameras and a lot of times as the viewer I'd much rather they just let me choose what camera to watch from. I'd personally like to be able to toggle between the overhead Sky-Cam/the Standing Camera-Men (gotta replace those guys somehow lol)/outside Cage Cam/the broadcast experience (i.e. the regular UFC produced broadcast).

Would any of you Fight-Junkies be willing to pay some cash for these features? Or even if not willing to pay is this the type of enhanced experience you'd prefer?

I was wondering what it would take for the UFC to get me to sign-up for ESPN+ and buy their PPV's if they aren't going to stack cards like they used to (which they obviously aren't for the foreseeable future).

For me the biggest thing outside of reducing cards to increase the quality would be to give Audio/Video Control to the User during the Broadcast.

I absolutely hate hearing broadcast commentary during fights sometimes (depending on the broadcasts or just the vibe in the booth that night), sometimes I just want to hear the crowd noise and the fighters fighting (and possibly talking shit to each other).

It would be legitimately awesome to be able to toggle the audio between Commentary/No Commentary/Corner Instructions so that you can experience the fight in what feels the most enjoyable way that you deem. This would also be of immense value for re-watching fights and would add a super-unique dynamic to it.

The UFC tried a retrograde version of this with Contender series when they had the Snoop/Uriah commentary option. I don't think we need more commentary though; what we need is less and to actually be more "in the fight" with only relevant audio. Too often the broadcast team dictates your focus throughout the fight and doesn't provide the proper gravitas to what is happening.

Same with the video angles they choose; they pick some really inopportune times to switch between cameras and a lot of times as the viewer I'd much rather they just let me choose what camera to watch from. I'd personally like to be able to toggle between the overhead Sky-Cam/the Standing Camera-Men (gotta replace those guys somehow lol)/outside Cage Cam/the broadcast experience (i.e. the regular UFC produced broadcast).

Would any of you Fight-Junkies be willing to pay some cash for these features? Or even if not willing to pay is this the type of enhanced experience you'd prefer?
Ain’t gonna lie I’d love it if I could mute commentary, keep fight sounds/crowd sounds and play Spotify over the fights

Especially if it’s Edmond in Rondas corner vs Amanda

head moment! Head moment! No! Oh no!!!!

giphy.gif

Ever notice how the camera always cuts away during wmma crotch shots

DawyNN6U8AA1FS3.jpg

Back