Why isn't UFC stepping in with regards to Aldo/Marlon?

Martialbeef

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
IMG_20191206_132401.jpg They are putting themselves first here. Big name in Aldo will sell. What won't sell is when he falls into a coma after/during a fight with one of the best and most hard hitting 135 strikers in the world.

Dana needs to get the finger out and protect a legend. Stop being oblivious before the first mainstream UFC death. IMG_20191206_132401.jpg

Cuz they won’t really care until it becomes a viral story specifically involving their brand

They don't care. They only pretend to care when there's media backlash

"Why don't the UFC step in for the sake of a fighter.."

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I don't think this fight is going to happen to be honest.

Aldo looks so fucking dry there, no way he performs as well as he used to.

The UFC made the fight, why would they step in now?

Aldo looks so fucking dry there, no way he performs as well as he used to.

The UFC made the fight, why would they step in now?
One spinny kick from Marlon is going to knock Aldo clean out. Will he recover? I suppose the UFC is just hoping he does.

Isn't it more of a commission thing?

Either way he's a grown (shrunken) man, he'll probably regret this decision.

Isn't it more of a commission thing?

Either way he's a grown (shrunken) man, he'll probably regret this decision.
Yeah but it shouldn't have even been approved from the off. A guy who struggles somewhat making 145 as it is? Seems pretty bonkers.

I dreamt a few years ago Aldo died during a fight. If 135 doesn’t work out him, most likely the worst thing that will happen is he goes to the ground after the first clean, hard shot.

If Aldo’s move to 135 doesn’t work out, then his career as an elite fighter is over. He’s not going to go back up to 145 and be one the best again.

View attachment 688471 They are putting themselves first here. Big name in Aldo will sell. What won't sell is when he falls into a coma after/during a fight with one of the best and most hard hitting 135 strikers in the world.

Dana needs to get the finger out and protect a legend. Stop being oblivious before the first mainstream UFC death. View attachment 688471
What makes you think Aldo will be in a coma? Maybe he will win the fight. I'm sure he doesn't want to die nor do his coaches want him to die. Maybe Aldo know something about himself that you don't?

"The UFC made a contract for a fight. Why aren't they stepping in and stopping it?"

lol

Lets hope Aldo and his team know what they're doing.

Christ - Aldo looks literally dead there..

Whenever a fighter looks terrible in a weight cut coming down a division, it almost never works

Personally i put most of this shit on Aldo's manager Andre Pederneiras. he was the one forcing Barao to keep major weight cutting just to benefit the team not Barao. Ruined his fukn career now he wants to ruin Aldo's.

He doesnt give a shit about his fighters long term health at all. its all about money, what a fucker.

Christ - Aldo looks literally dead there..

Whenever a fighter looks terrible in a weight cut coming down a division, it almost never works
And he is probably about 142 there. Still more to cut. But I can't see what he is going to cut from that picture.

Back