Better chin - Jones or GSP?

K-po

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Arguably the two UFC GOATs

Both of them are exceptionally durable but who would you give the edge to?

GSP has been TKO'd before but has survived bombs from murderous punchers like Hendricks, Alves, and Condit.

Jones has been rocked less but has never fought guys as powerful as the ones on GSP's resume.

I'd give a slight edge to GSP personally, as he also moved up a weight class and ate everything the champion had to offer, whereas Jones has never fought at HW.

Well Jones never got tko'd by a midget
What a stupid comment.

So GSP's legacy is worse than Jones because he fights at a lower weight class?
The one who hasn't tapped to strikes
GSP never tapped to strikes. His loss to Serra was a TKO

If he tapped to strikes than it would've been listed as a submission, like Branch's loss to Rockhold.

Matt-Serra-vs-GSP-Knockout-GIF-TKO.gif

Jones may have the best chin in MMA he always fought against monsters but if I am not wrong he didnt even knock downed

I'm pretty sure not only Jones have a better chin but have fought way more dangerous fighters on the feet

Jones has never been hit with a bomb so meaningless question

Jones fought much more skilled competition with dangerous KO power, and has never even been knocked down.

GSP got floored by a 5’5 LW and quit while still conscious enough to tap on the mat (as a UFC champ in his prime, no less)

I'd give a slight edge to GSP personally, as he also moved up a weight class and ate everything the champion had to offer.

You seem slightly biased in not mentioning that the champ was Bisping who's widely regarded as being "pillow fisted". Even if that's a bit unfair, he's definitely not some big puncher.

Unfair comparison.
Jones's chin is juiced up, while GSP's only a bit greasy. ;)

C'mon - Jones. Ever since Serra fight happened, 2 things happened. GSP became the greatest mma wrestler in history and whenever facing a dangerous striker, we knew what George's gameplan was. That's not to say Pierre didnt have a decent chin. I'm just calling it for what it is. Everyone saw the Rigg fight. Gsp scar tissue was dripping all over and doesnt enjoy firefights .

No, no he did not.

He almost beat the sight out of a deaf man though. The ref had to step in and stop it before Matt Hamill got Helen Kellered.
That's funny.....i seem to recall Jones losing that one.

Big GSP fan, but the answer is definitely Jones. They're both excellent at staying out of danger, but Jones has a great chin on top of that. It's really the extra piece that makes him the biggest challenge for anyone.

One has been tko’d, tapped to strikes, and knocked down

so not that guy

I don't like the over-use of the term "chin" in fighting...

Jones and GSP have great "chins" because they almost never get hit flush and move with punches well, because they have excellent striking defense. People say that Rockhold has a terrible chin, but look at the shots that KO'd him, they would have also KO'd Jones or GSP but they have far better defense.

No, no he did not.

He almost beat the sight out of a deaf man though. The ref had to step in and stop it before Matt Hamill got Helen Kellered.
When Hamill was mounted he left an opening for Jones so he could only use 12-6 elbows. Jones fell into the trap and was disqualified. Hamill has even offered Jones a rematch which was never accepted. Hamill was the smarter man that night and your refusal to see that makes me wonder if this is some kind of negative atitude towards handicap people.

Back