So aldo will essentially cut 10 lbs of muscle if he makes 135?

BlameTheMedia

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
judging by how he looked against mcgregor I can't see more than 5 lbs of fat on his body and yet he's going to come in at 135?

McGregor-Aldo-1040x572.gif

He already looks smaller with less muscle. Next week will be interesting

BBXP33c.img

He's lost a lot of muscle from that recent pic

5 lbs of brain fluids. I hope he doesnt die like that other Nova Uniao kid.

Part of me feels like this whole Aldo @ 135 lbs. thing is him desperately reaching at straws trying to turn back the clock. I think it insulted him when Barao moved up to 145 because it was an implicit acknowledgement that Aldo won't be the king of 145 again and he just can't handle it, so he's moving to 135 so that he can trick himself into thinking that he's still got a chance at a title. Even if it's fleeting and only lasts until Moraes buries him.

Omg guys he'll be fine. He looks way smaller in the pic below than in the one where he was cutting weight, and he wasn't even cutting weight in the second picture. War Aldo

Part of me feels like this whole Aldo @ 135 lbs. thing is him desperately reaching at straws trying to turn back the clock. I think it insulted him when Barao moved up to 145 because it was an implicit acknowledgement that Aldo won't be the king of 145 again and he just can't handle it, so he's moving to 135 so that he can trick himself into thinking that he's still got a chance at a title. Even if it's fleeting and only lasts until Moraes buries him.

Barao king of 145? Okay? And if he beats Moraes in a good performance, he could be next at a title shot

Omg guys he'll be fine. He looks way smaller in the pic below than in the one where he was cutting weight, and he wasn't even cutting weight in the second picture. War Aldo

People like you are the very reason why Aldo made such a horrible decision. He has full of them in his camo.

"You gonna be fine champ war aldooo hurrrr durrrrr"

I dont see this going well for him in the long run, but he was stuck with little choice in trying to reclaim the ability to be a champ which he desperately wants.

While going down a weight class is going to be bad for his health, he stand no chance at another fight with Max. You go 0-2 verses a champ and no one wants to see a third fight. If he went up a weight class, does anyone honestly give him a chance vs Kabib or Tony as we have seen him over the past year or two?

Basically he had the options of being a gatekeeper, leaving the UFC for another org (not sure how many fights he has left on his contract), or drop weight and hope his size advantage on rehydration will give him an edge. To some, the glory of a belt is worth the large health risks. All I can say is good luck to him and hopefully he or those who care about him will give him better advice in the near future

It's not Aldo, it's Dede who makes all these decisions. It's his coach who wants him at 135 and not 155. He said at 145 he never dieted and basically cut all the weight fight week (like 20+ pounds), which is nuts. I'm a big Aldo fan and really nervous for this debut.

People like you are the very reason why Aldo made such a horrible decision. He has full of them in his camo.

"You gonna be fine champ war aldooo hurrrr durrrrr"

Yeah cuz Sherdoggers are the equivalent of guys on his team who advised him all the way throughout a goat career.

Stfu

It will likely be pretty equal parts fat, muscle and water.

Being older at 135 has traditionally not been a good thing. Also cutting extreme amounts of weight later in a career doesn’t seem wise. Or fighting a beast like Moraes.

I don’t think this will end well.

Idk who thought this was a good idea... It's so stupid on so many levels. I just hope he doesn't die.

His head looks Tito Ortiz-like, which is a testament to how much muscle mass he's lost.

Yeah he will perform a muscle and height cut to shave of the last 10 lbs. Extremely dangerous but he is a pro after all so I believe

He will rely on superior technique and being a manlet among midgets. That should be enough.

judging by how he looked against mcgregor I can't see more than 5 lbs of fat on his body and yet he's going to come in at 135?

McGregor-Aldo-1040x572.gif

He already looks smaller with less muscle. Next week will be interesting

BBXP33c.img
Love Aldo as a fighter but I hate this idea. I hope i'm wrong about this but I get a bad feeling for him. He's one of my favorite fighters to watch. His skill level combined with his passion to fight and his fighting style.

Back