If you’re Dana why not sign Conor to Zuffa boxing?

Istryker

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I mean... Conor is a good mma striker not exactly a boxer BUT he has ridiculous drawing power and since Dana is starting a boxing thing why not have Conor in it? Imagine if he won a title under Zuffa that would make him a two sport champ .

Because he's not boxer. Floyd let him wear smaller gloves, he backed himself into the corner, hardly threw a punch for 3 rounds while having his hands down. Floyds ex probably gave him a better fight.

Because he's not boxer. Floyd let him wear smaller gloves, he backed himself into the corner, hardly threw a punch for 3 rounds while having his hands down. Floyds ex probably gave him a better fight.

the edge of that last sentence

Having an 0-1 fighter as your biggest draw would probably discredit the whole image they are trying to stablish as a serious boxing promotion

And im not saying this to hate on conor. Im not a conor hater myself, but i can see how some people would see it that way. Specially the boxing world would get pissed since conor is not even a boxer.

Conor is a terrible boxer.
He probably couldn't win an Irish title and certainly couldn't win a European or World title.

Unless they're signing up YouTube boxers Conor would lose very quickly as the level of his opponent stepped up.

So lets pretend WME allows Conor to go into boxing, who would he fight? My guess is that they would need him to do good numbers, 154? 160? I dont really see how he could beat a current champion there, they all are not small fighters, or old as Floyd was, he would end up getting slept by anyone of those divisions, 168 would be too much to even think of.

Conor is a terrible boxer.
He probably couldn't win an Irish title and certainly couldn't win a European or World title.

Unless they're signing up YouTube boxers Conor would lose very quickly as the level of his opponent stepped up.

you don’t see Conor as a pro level guy? Maybe not a big boy belt level but I can see him challenging for a euro title or Irish title

He should sign his friend Snoop doggy dog to Zuffa boxing's straw weight division. With his reach he would be unbeatable.

Because Conor would tap in a boxing match.

Come on, that's funny! <Lmaoo>

you don’t see Conor as a pro level guy? Maybe not a big boy belt level but I can see him challenging for a euro title or Irish title

giphy.gif

If he wants to draw in casuals that would be a fantastic move.

If he wants legitimacy in the world of boxing that would be suicide.

I would laugh all the way to the streams, myself.

Because Conor would tap in a boxing match.

Come on, that's funny! <Lmaoo>
That's actually great, man. He would be trying to give the neck with his hand poised to tap.

It would be one of those WWE moments where they ask stupid questions like "What? Wait.... What is he doing, Joe? He's giving up the sub! He's giving up the sub! Can you do that in boxing, I don't know Joe, but he's giving up the sub!!!"

Ridic

Because MMA fighters who have gone into boxing have all looked mediocre against the bottom of the barrel.

It's all about adapting to the metagame, and it takes time, sometimes lifetime.

conor vs canelo
uncle dana vs de la hoya in the co main
imagine that

Because KSI has a better record and Conor couldn't box to save his life while getting outboxed by Khabib
SFQZs9M.gif

Terrible form and not protecting his chin like an amateur
1503808274210_lc_galleryImage_Floyd_Mayweather_v_Conor_.JPG

Having an 0-1 fighter as your biggest draw would probably discredit the whole image they are trying to stablish as a serious boxing promotion

And im not saying this to hate on conor. Im not a conor hater myself, but i can see how some people would see it that way. Specially the boxing world would get pissed since conor is not even a boxer.

Conor is a damm good mma striker...but, striking in mma is far different than actual boxing...the stance is different...the gloves are different...the rules are different...conor needs to stick with mma...forget about boxing...but, if he's only interested in money and not winning, then do the boxing.

Back