Romero: Israel beat Robert because I soften Robert up for him

Yeah both softened each other up real good.

Neither will ever be the same IMO.

He’s right you know.

I love how Israel was doing Yoel a favour calling him out and he came back with this tone. He's lucky to even be in the picture. Clearly lost v Costa IMO.

Yeah. He's the Cuban prime Lawler in terms of permanent health level reduction of his opponents.

<puh-lease75>

Illness beat robert more than anyone else.

I'm so tired of hearing this......and rockhold , for whatever reason, was always able to be touched which ultimately led to a broken chin. Weidman fought the best of the best in losing title and then fought 2 monsters which led to his regression ( or was he that good to begin with- just repeating what people were saying -). I can go on and on and on and on. This is the very unforgiving sport they play. You jump in a pool and you're going to get wet - plain and simple-.

Fight IQ, protecting yourself and longevity of it is paramount ( if this means you may have an uneventful fight here and there so be it).
Rob is a very good fighter and a former champ and has had injury issues before Yoel Romero.Also, Yoel is a beatable fighter and always has been. He was and still is an upper tier middle .

He’s correct the same could be said of Yoel being softened up by Rob

Whittaker could make the same statement toward Costa.
Not exactly, considering Whittaker never dropped Yoel did he?

Yoel looked as durable and dangerous as ever against Costa and could have easily won that fight.

Whitakker's ability to take a shot has been severely compromised and he looks like a liability on the feet in comparison. He got obliterated and embarrassed by a guy who most thought could oustrike him, but wasn't supposed to be able to finish him since he lacks KO power in comparison to the other guys Whittaker has fought.

Softened his brain if anything, rob fought like a complete dummy against Israel

Weidman fought the best of the best in losing title and then fought 2 monsters which led to his regression ( or was he that good to begin with- just repeating what people were saying -)

Pre USADA Weidman was a HUGE MW and a powerful wrestler with powerful grappling and heavy hands and speed.

Post USADA Weidman was a average at best sized MW with good wrestling, with good grappling and had ok striking with no KO power and average speed.

So yes he WAS good, actually great ....

... pre USADA.

His downfall and clearly visible change in his body started exactly when USADA started. That's a fact.

What that means ... its up to you.

lol at gullible shertards. There's no evidence that either fighter has been "softened up." Whittaker ate bombs in the Adesanya fight, no middleweight would've taken those without getting finished like that. Likewise Romero was still a tank against Costa. Though Whittaker needs to stop taking so much damage since at this rate he will be softened up very soon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back