Who has better chance to win Dos Santos or Blaydes in December ?

Dacha

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
My guess is that odds are evenly split.

That's a weird fucking nick, "Blaydes in December".

I didn't even know they were fighting each other. When is it?

They are headlining a FN on Jan 26.

I agree odds are evenly split, though I'd lean Blaydes.

I just feel like blades is going to take JDS down and pound him out like Jenna Jameson

JDS has the tools to pick Blaydes apart

Blaydes, if he can get him down and beat him up like he did to Reem. JDS don't have that cryptic power in his hands anymore like Ngannou do, so Blaydes should be OK. This ain't no Prime Cigano after all.

It's easy to forget what with the maulings Cain put on him, but JDS is damn good at takedown defense. And even Cain only got 2 out of 11 tries in their horrific third fight.

JDS is still tough to get down, but I don't think he has the power to finish Blaydes.

Blaydes via TKO

Blaydes has the advantage IMO, but I will always root for cigano

Blaydes sucks , but at this point I don't think Dos Santos has enough in the tank to take shots anymore.

Blaydes wins ...

I just feel like blades is going to take JDS down and pound him out like Jenna Jameson

JDS has never lost a fight in the UFC due to takedowns and GnP. His issue is that he has poor ocatagon awareness(traps himself against the cage all the time) and his clinch game isn't so great.

I don't know why so many people think Blaydes will win due to wrestling, I think it's far more likely this fight will be decided by who can dictate the range. JDS wants to stay at striking range, Blaydes will want to be in the clinch with JDS against the cage.

Blaydes, if he can get him down and beat him up like he did to Reem. JDS don't have that cryptic power in his hands anymore like Ngannou do, so Blaydes should be OK. This ain't no Prime Cigano after all.
I don't think JdS a have a power issue but he exposes himself a lot, so guys like Stipe and Ngannou who have a killer instinct are bad match ups for him.
Blaydes has little striking threat so it's actually intriguing how it will play out.

JDS has never lost a fight in the UFC due to takedowns and GnP. His issue is that he has poor ocatagon awareness(traps himself against the cage all the time) and his clinch game isn't so great.
There is a first time for everything my friend

Curtis will take advantage of those issues and won’t slow down.

Junior can find himself behind on the cards pretty quickly if he can’t stay off the fence

It’s a good fight

There is a first time for everything my friend

Sure but if you follow that logic you might as well pick JDS by flying armbar. It's far more likely that if JDS loses it will be because Blaydes will be outgrappling him in the clinch and striking him more

Back