Media The FW GOAT meets with a fan..

FW goat indeed.

I wish he'd retire so I don't have to watch him getting punished by younger fighters.

But hey, who am I to take decisions for him.

War Aldo!

Aldo's the most storied fighter at FW, but idk how anyone can call him the goat anymore when the guy got dusted by Holloway, twice...

Aldo's the most storied fighter at FW, but idk how anyone can call him the goat anymore when the guy got dusted by Holloway, twice...

I don't know how you don't know how people can still call Aldo the goat.

Aldo had many fights and title defenses before fighting Holloway. Timeline matters ya filthy casual.

that's such an asinine point.
Holloway is peaking while Aldo dominated the division for 8 years unbeaten.

If Max would have met Aldo at his peak, Aldo would probably smoke him!

This. Aldo at his absolute peak between 2011-2014 was a nightmare. The only time he looked vulerable was in the later rounds when he would purposefully take his foot off the gas. That's how good he was, he could outpoint and beat guys in a pure chess match. Or if he wanted, would finish guys quickly and brutally.

He was much more spectacular than Max as a champion

Aldo is still fast but he was fucking lightning in his prime

Last edited:

Aldo was in great shape against holloway, many here talk like he was badly manhandled by him but aldo give max some real shit to deal with, max is just too good and nearly impossible to finish.

Aldo was in great shape against holloway, many here talk like he was badly manhandled by him but aldo give max some real shit to deal with, max is just too good and nearly impossible to finish.
Aldo was 25-1.
After Conor, he is 3-4
Not exactly peak.

All you got is that a declining Aldo gave Peaking Max trouble which was to be expected.

Aldo was 25-1.
After Conor, he is 3-4
Not exactly peak.

All you got is that a declining Aldo gave Peaking Max trouble which was to be expected.
Aldo just fought fighters capable to beat him, didn't look bad at all in any of his fights.

Aldo just fought fighters capable to beat him, didn't look bad at all in any of his fights.
did you see his last fight?

And besides, like I said before, he was unbeaten for 8 years.
He beat legends. The very top of the food chain.
And you think Conor, Max and Volkanovski are better than those guys?? Sorry, IMO you point is a ridiculous one.

Aldo is a legend who is looking at the tail end of his career. That is a fact and reason why he is trying to reinvent himself at BW.
Conor's loss in 13 seconds took his tool. Messed up with his confidence and made him a lot more tantative than ever before.
Just look at other dominant fighters who lost after so many years of dominance like Silva or Barao.
They are not the same (after the loss).

TO try and ignore this is just asinine.

It would be the same as claiming the old Max (pre-Conor) was as good as the Max who got the belt from Pettis.
Fighters improve, become better versions of themselves and then decline.
TO blatantly ignore this fact is just plain dishonest.

Back