How would al iaquinta do at featherweight?

Bangkok ready d1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He's one of the guys that i think are to small for 155, guys at that weight are huge and im sure he can do 145 is not like he's ripped with no fat at all

Al Iaquinta is like Cerrone.....
Ain't really that good but for some reason, some fighters have troubles with them.

Al Iaquinta is like Cerrone.....
Ain't really that good but for some reason, some fighters have troubles with them.
Cerrone is a lot better than him.....

I don't think he would really do any better, his striking is what's really holding him back IMO not his size

He'd do better at FW. He basically is a FW, but he's not getting a title in either division. His skillset is too basic.

Al is not top 20 material and still split decisioned khabib who stomped mcgregor

Shows how bad khabib and conor are

He needs to learn how to defend a jab, regardless of what weight class.

I don't think he would really do any better, his striking is what's really holding him back IMO not his size
I do think it plays a little, he's a striker and really suffer with guys with long reach. He has pretty short arms, also 145 offers him better match ups

he need to be more aggresive i feel he always afraid to throw punches

He's one of the guys that i think are to small for 155, guys at that weight are huge and im sure he can do 145 is not like he's ripped with no fat at all

He would have a hard cut to 145lbs. He's not a "big" lightweight but he's 5'10" with a lean build. I can't think of a fight where he was out muscled or over powered. Watch his 5 round fight with Kevin Lee.

Dan Hooker beat the brakes off his legs and utilized a really smart game from range. That is a technical and fight IQ deficit, he wasn't too small to fight Dan.

He would have a hard cut to 145lbs. He's not a "big" lightweight but he's 5'10" with a lean build. I can't think of a fight where he was out muscled or over powered. Watch his 5 round fight with Kevin Lee.

Dan Hooker beat the brakes off his legs and utilized a really smart game from range. That is a technical and fight IQ deficit, he wasn't too small to fight Dan.
He's more like 5'9 or shorter dont trust the ufc stats he looks shorter than khabib, i agree that his techinique is kinda poor but because he has short arms and is a striker i think he would do better at 145 he can lose some fat

He'd do better at FW. He basically is a FW, but he's not getting a title in either division. His skillset is too basic.
Yeah if u see footage & pics of him & Aljo training, he looks maybe 5 lbs bigger than Aljo at most.

I think fighting faster fighters is the last thing Al needs in his life

is he really a small LW ?? I mean he was pretty much the same size as khabib who is not a small LW at all. I would consider Michael johnson or gregor gillepsie small LW, Al aint a small LW, he is just inconsistent ...

khabib-iaquinta.jpg

UFC-242-Free-Fight-Khabib-Nurmagomedov-vs-Al-Iaquinta-Hqq8PAvHrJM-1.jpg

web1_AP18098202426892.jpg

images

Back