• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anthony Smith Takes Corey Anderson to the Woodshed

ufcanthonysmith.png

Anderson1.jpg

Corey Anderson is adamant he won’t be facing Anthony Smith next, as he is seemingly content with waiting for his title shot if indeed Dominick Reyes gets Jon Jones next, which is a big possibility.

But according to Smith, it’s going to take more than playing the waiting game for “Overtime” to punch his ticket to the big dance. To hear “Lionheart” break it down, Anderson needs to keep working, mores specifically, beat him!

During a recent interview with Sirius XM’s Fight Nation, Smith explained how he earned his shot at the Light Heavyweight title, and how Cory should follow his example.

“I just beat the next guy,” Smith said (via MMA News). “When the UFC said, ‘Oh, what do you think’s next?’ I said, ‘Whoever you think is next. Who do I gotta beat to get to a title shot?’ ‘Well, Volkan Oezdemir’s number 2.’ ‘Give me that f***ing guy then.’ And that’s what I did. Sometimes you gotta put your head down, and you gotta work, and stop complaining all the time.”

After winning his first three fights at 205 pounds against Mauricio Rua, Rashad Evans and Volkan Oezdemir, Smith earned his shot against Jon Jones at UFC 235, losing via unanimous decision. One thing Smith says he didn’t do is complain, which is something he feels Anderson has been doing a bit too much of.

“Just put your head down, and beat the next guy, and don’t complain about it,” Smith continued. “And then, every once in a while, try to be a little bit exciting and stop talking sh*t about the guys that are doing it right. You want to talk sh*t about Thiago Santos? Thiago Santos got a title shot,” he added.

“You want to talk sh*t about me? I got a title shot. So instead of talking sh*t, maybe emulate what we do a little bit, try to get a g*ddamn finish, stop talking sh*t about the UFC, and just beat the next guy. It’s that simple.”

. . .

“I don’t understand this formula in his head,” said Smith. “It’s like he’s doing brain surgery. It’s not that hard. I’m the next guy that you have to beat.”

https://www.mmamania.com/2019/11/20...rson-beat-me-before-jon-jones-title-fight-mma

Last edited:
Anthony Smith Takes Corey Anderson to the Woodshed

Corey Anderson is adamant he won’t be facing Anthony Smith next, as he is seemingly content with waiting for his title shot if indeed Dominick Reyes gets Jon Jones next, which is a big possibility.

But according to Smith, it’s going to take more than playing the waiting game for “Overtime” to punch his ticket to the big dance. To hear “Lionheart” break it down, Anderson needs to keep working, mores specifically, beat him!

During a recent interview with Sirius XM’s Fight Nation, Smith explained how he earned his shot at the Light Heavyweight title, and how Cory should follow his example.

“I just beat the next guy,” Smith said (via MMA News). “When the UFC said, ‘Oh, what do you think’s next?’ I said, ‘Whoever you think is next. Who do I gotta beat to get to a title shot?’ ‘Well, Volkan Oezdemir’s number 2.’ ‘Give me that f***ing guy then.’ And that’s what I did. Sometimes you gotta put your head down, and you gotta work, and stop complaining all the time.”

After winning his first three fights at 205 pounds against Mauricio Rua, Rashad Evans and Volkan Oezdemir, Smith earned his shot against Jon Jones at UFC 235, losing via unanimous decision. One thing Smith says he didn’t do is complain, which is something he feels Anderson has been doing a bit too much of.

“Just put your head down, and beat the next guy, and don’t complain about it,” Smith continued. “And then, every once in a while, try to be a little bit exciting and stop talking sh*t about the guys that are doing it right. You want to talk sh*t about Thiago Santos? Thiago Santos got a title shot,” he added.

“You want to talk sh*t about me? I got a title shot. So instead of talking sh*t, maybe emulate what we do a little bit, try to get a g*ddamn finish, stop talking sh*t about the UFC, and just beat the next guy. It’s that simple.”

. . .

“I don’t understand this formula in his head,” said Smith. “It’s like he’s doing brain surgery. It’s not that hard. I’m the next guy that you have to beat.”

https://www.mmamania.com/2019/11/20...rson-beat-me-before-jon-jones-title-fight-mma
Corey knows he won’t top that last performance. You can’t beat a flash ko like that. But he needs to stop running cause it looks like he’s just scared at this point.

agreed 100%
whining 25/8 needs to shut the fuck up and beat actual contenders before he call the goat's name

Smith, he's extremly underrated on these boards. People keep calling him a journeymen MW but he's been great at 205lbs.

Corey doesn't want to fight Smith for a reason.

I'm mad Smith didnt get to kick rockhold ass

Smith, he's extremly underrated on these boards. People keep calling him a journeymen MW but he's been great at 205lbs.
I’m one of them. No disrespect to him but just about every fight, I expect him to get dominated. But he surprises, every time.

I’m one of them. No disrespect to him but just about every fight, I expect him to get dominated. But he surprises, every time.

He's just a tough durable fighter. He's made 205lbs his home.

It honestly doesn't matter at the end of the day. None of these guys are even close to good enough to unseat Jon.

Smith by TKO or submission. Only thing Anderson is better at is wrestling and it's not much of an advantage from what I have seen.

I don't dislike the guy. I think he was ahead of OSP 2 rounds to 0 before getting wrecked. And he's done a good job beating non-top-5 (hell, mostly non-top-10) guys.

But he's about to hit a road block of Jan B, Smith, Santos, and Reyes. He cannot leapfrog all of them.

Corey is going to get triggered by this poll, knock out Smith and then put on a purple suit and a pair of glasses to mock him afterwards.

Back