ESPN worst thing that cudda happened to the UFC

tony3

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
They basically don’t give a damn about the sport. They do literally 30 second recaps after events on ESPN and ESPN2 and they throw the ufc to the back of the line to the rest of the sports ie baseball, football etc.

And now no more TUF smh

In contrary to what lying Dana says ESPN sucks and is the worst thing that could have happened to the ufc for us the fans.

Atleast with DAZN you get all the fights no Ppv BS to where ESPN now charges you a monthly fee to purchase a ppv smh they managed to try and rip off the fans even more.

I am fairly sure this thread is made about every business partner the UFC has had.

Funny enough they keep growing and proving the TS's wrong.

I am fairly sure this thread is made about every business partner the UFC has had.

So am I wrong about what I said?

And no this was not said about every network they’ve had.

Fox actually covered the sport like they cared about it

*cough cough* stream everything and dont pay like a chump *cough cough*

whew...allergies

Agreed that ESPN doesn’t give a shit about MMA, and their contract with the UFC is a last ditch effort to save declining ratings...

But the ESPN deal is a good thing for the UFC...

Nah

Two dying companies dying together is quite cute tbh

And no this was not said about every network they’ve had.

Fox actually covered the sport like they cared about it
They spam UFC commercials....on ESPN. We love MMA but it's a niche. A lot of people don't realize how skilled the fighters are and it still carries the human cockfighting Stigma when the NFL is a much more dangerous sport in terms of CTE but the masses don't care. ESPN should include highlights on sportcenter but either it's too violent or Dana doesn't want people to not pay for the PPV or espn plus and get a free recap. Who knows.

They spam UFC commercials....on ESPN. We love MMA but it's a niche. A lot of people don't realize how skilled the fighters are and it still carries the human cockfighting Stigma when the NFL is a much more dangerous sport in terms of CTE but the masses don't care. ESPN should include highlights on sportcenter but either it's too violent or Dana doesn't want people to not pay for the PPV or espn plus and get a free recap. Who knows.
True

ESPN used to air K-1 Kickboxing
True story

That's how I got introduced to Bob Sapp

No more TUF?

guy-opening-door.gif

TS found the password to one of his old alt accounts.

So am I wrong about what I said?

Pretty much, pal.
ESPN has a much wider cable audience that FS1 did which affords the UFC better ratings when broadcast on the flagship network. And, contrary to popular belief the ESPN + experiment has been a success. I think it's great. Not only does it provide fans with three to four UFC cards per month but it also showcases several Top Rank boxing events each month as well. Many of them international events that in the past fans in the US wouldn't have had the opportunity to see. IMO the five dollars spent on ESPN + is money very well spent.

It’s almost like the UFC brass know more about running an MMA org than Sherdoggers!

Back