Roxanne Modafferi: Many UFC Fighters Fail with Social Media

How many UFC fighters do you follow on social media?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“I honestly don’t give a lot of thought to ‘entertaining the fans’ going into a fight, although I hear other fighters say in interviews that’s their goal. I just wanna win. Thankfully, my fighting style is entertaining, so don’t have to worry about ‘trying.’ I march forward with urgency (sometimes too much urgency) and try to hit my opponent in the face before taking them down and smashing my elbows into their forehead. I’ve been told that’s pretty entertaining.

“What I really want is to win and make friends with my fans! All of them. I try to reply to people’s comments and ALWAYS to people’s messages. If you’re nice to me, I’ll be nice back. I am ‘The Happy Warrior,’ after all. I don’t have hundreds of thousands of followers like other girls who post sexy bikini pictures (I only post cosplay pics. My Kitana wasn’t bad, though, if I may say so myself). However, I have a lot of fans who are nerds, fans of anime, sci-fi, Star Wars, and Jiu-Jitsu. I hope entertain them a lot with my social media posts, because I certainly entertain myself!

“Interacting with fans is always important! It doesn’t even matter how, when it comes to entertainment value. As Ronda Rousey once said, 'Hate me or love me, you’re gonna watch me.' If fighters are rude to fans and make them dislike us, they’ll still tune in hoping to see us lose.

“Thus, social media - and media in general - is a major portion of the entertainment part of our job—and lots of fighters choose to ignore it. Yeah, we’re doing a sport, but there’s so much competition to get fights. You’ve gotta be more interesting than your fellow fighters. Some grudgingly admit social media is necessary, but don’t want to put the effort in. Others hate it. Some love it, and post everything they eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner, plus their sweaty faces while jogging down the street every day.

“Luckily for the former, social media isn’t a requirement, but always encouraged by promotions. Hundreds of thousands of followers can also land a fighter sponsorships for companies who have products that they want seen by hundreds of thousands of eyes every week. Clothing, meal prep, and recently CBD oil is popular.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/11/20/20964640/ufc-fighter-perspective-editorial-roxanne-modafferi-mixed-martial-arts-sports-vs-entertainment-ufc

They should be promoting beauty products

giphy.gif

'Thankfully my fighting style is entertaining"

No it isn't hun

Last edited:
Her fight with Maycee Barber is going to be brutal. I hope she can pull off the upset, but I am a little concerned for her health.

I like Roxy, kinda bummed she's gonna get mauled by Barber...it's not a competitive matchup.

If she somehow pulls off the upset against Barber...

<{Heymansnicker}>

That would be amazing.
WAR MODAFFERI

Tons of Sherbros talk shit about Roxy even though she may actually be THE MOST FUN and RELATABLE WMMA fighter in existence........

......from a chill/fun/goofy/interesting nerd standpoint.

Sadly, tons of Sherbros are highly shallow.

I'm going to be on my knees begging she destroys Barber.

WAR Roxy!

Thankfully, my fighting style is entertaining, so don’t have to worry about ‘trying.’
Roxy manages to be so pathetic without being endearing.

Good for her from going from a punching bag to a legit contender at 125, but man it's so easy to dislike everything about her.

One of the most boring fighters on the roster

Thankfully Maycee lighting her up will be entertaining

Tons of Sherbros talk shit about Roxy even though she may actually be THE MOST FUN and RELATABLE WMMA fighter in existence........

......from a chill/fun/goofy/interesting nerd standpoint.

Sadly, tons of Sherbros are highly shallow.

Any fighter who puts a gif of Just Bleed Guy in her article and says fighters should be warriors has me as a fan for life.
May she show her warrior spirit in her upcoming fight!
<{JustBleed}>

Her fight with Maycee Barber is going to be brutal. I hope she can pull off the upset, but I am a little concerned for her health.

She's fought more dangerous people than Maycee barber. Win or lose, she'll be fine.

Roxy is a dork, but you've got to admire her toughness and desire to win.

I’m shocked she doesn’t have a Japanese accent

Back