Fighters height

Bangkok ready d1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Does the ufc measure their heights or something like that? It seems that every guy on the roster is at least 2 inches shorter than their official stats

Last edited:
This aint WWE, and Andre The Giant wasn't 8 feet tall.

More like 7 feet.

andre-the-giant-wilt-chamberlain-arnold-schwarzenegger.jpg

Last edited:
It should be height classes instead of weight classes, cut all manlets immediately

How do you know they're at least 2 inches shorter than their listed stat?

This would be hard to tell even in person. I mean the whole Shane Carwin thing was weird but other than that?

Seems like they either guess or take the fighters word on it. RDA and Eddie Alvarez have been listed as 5'10 in the past and Anderson Silva was listed as 5'11. Eddie is still listed as 5'10 on Sherdog with RDA listed at 5'9.

How do you know they're at least 2 inches shorter than their listed stat?

This would be hard to tell even in person. I mean the whole Shane Carwin thing was weird but other than that?
Its a fucking expression cant you really tell?

This aint WWE, and Andre The Giant wasn't 8 feet tall.

More like 7 feet.

andre-the-giant-wilt-chamberlain-arnold-schwarzenegger.jpg
I think they do fudge heights sometimes, but not as bad as the WWE.
I don't recall Andre being billed at 8 feet, at least not in the WWF. More like 7'4-5", but he did say himself he was just a little over 7'.
They did bill The Giant Gonzales at 8 feet when he was actually 7'7" though.

I know Brandon Davis isn't 6'1" like they say because I might be 5'10" and we are the same height

Fighters lie about their height, it happens in most sports. Short hockey players add a few inches too, basketball players as well, even the ones over 6'7 l... Durant even lists himself as shorter even though he's 7' because he prefers to play a PF game as opposed to a Centre.

Cormier is 5'9, Yoel is shorter than listed...

Here is Cormier and Jeff Monson (who is listed at 5'9)

SF018.jpg

Last edited:
It should be height classes instead of weight classes, cut all manlets immediately

Great idea! I'd love to see Max Holloway vs. Daniel Cormier, for example.

Great idea! I'd love to see Max Holloway vs. Daniel Cormier, for example.

Both of them would be cut under the new rules unfortunately.

Haha! Dwayne at 6’5” is legit.

<Lmaoo>
6 foot 5 for the Rock is a joke. More like 6 foot 2-3 inches max having met him in person. Triple H was listed at 6 foot 4, and he is about 6 foot 2 tops. UFC heights are as bad as WWE. Carwin was listed at 6 foot 5, when he himself said on twitter he was a bit over 6 foot 1. Travis Browne is 6 foot 5, who was listed at 6 foot 7. Romero is 5 foot 10 listed at 6 foot. UFC heights are a joke like WWE at times.

Depends on if the measurement is taken pre or post height cutting.

Back