What is the record for number of UFC fights before winning a title? (do Bronx)

jeskola

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
What is the record for number of UFC fights before getting a title shot (or number of UFC fights before winning a title)? I am too lazy to do the research right now and someone may know off the top of their head.

I ask because do Bronx seems to be a candidate for breaking these records.

Probably Bisping.

Buddeh.

hqdefault.jpg

People already said Bisping but I'm pretty sure Dustin Poirier is up there as well

He fought in the UFC 22 times before the Holloway fight and 23 before Khabib. Bisping was like 25 or 26

I've done no research whatsoever but surely it's gotta be Bisping

If Aloe vera won the belt he'd probably have the most

Gotta say the point is kinda moot though since Do Bronx isn't going to win the title

I like the guy but his weaknesses are just too clear

i got nothing better to do right now ill do some googling.

I've done no research whatsoever but surely it's gotta be Bisping

If Aloe vera won the belt he'd probably have the most

Gotta say the point is kinda moot though since Do Bronx isn't going to win the title

I like the guy but his weaknesses are just too clear

Yep.

Choke whenever he faces actual good competition.

Bisping - 25
Cowboy - 18
RDA - 17
Nate Diaz - 16

If Jeremy Stephens could somehow get a title shot he would push the record to 32. Oliveira has 25 fights in the UFC so he if he can just get the title shot after one more win he will beat the record.

edit: I thought we were talking title shots, either way bisping is king for now.

What is the record for number of UFC fights before getting a title shot (or number of UFC fights before winning a title)? I am too lazy to do the research right now and someone may know off the top of their head.

Bisping won the MW belt in his 26th ufc fight.

I hate to break it to you but Oliveira isn't winning the belt.

Bisping had 24 fights in the UFC before he got the title shot against Luke. So he won the title in his 25th UFC fight.

Bisping had 24 fights in the UFC before he got the title shot against Luke. So he won the title in his 25th UFC fight.

You sure about that?
Bisping got the title in his 37th fight and his first in the UFC was his 12th so that's 25 fights before getting the title and he won it in his 26th.

You sure about that?
Bisping got the title in his 37th fight and his first in the UFC was his 12th so that's 25 fights before getting the title and he won it in his 26th.
You are right. I guess I can't count since I did the math reading his record.

Bisping - 25
Cowboy - 18
RDA - 17
Nate Diaz - 16

If Jeremy Stephens could somehow get a title shot he would push the record to 32. Oliveira has 25 fights in the UFC so he if he can just get the title shot after one more win he will beat the record.

edit: I thought we were talking title shots, either way bisping is king for now.
I feel like do Bronx is 2 OK wins or one spectacular win away from a title shot. I also feel like do Bronx has hit his prime and could be champ. It feels like he should be retiring like Bisping, because we have seen him fight so many times over the years, but he is only 30 years old and is coming off 6 straight finishes over good competition.

Back