Rich Franklin would be the best choice to replace Dana White as UFC President

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Former UFC fighter, doesn't cuss, very handsome, well spoken, extremely likable and professional.

He would bring more credibility to the sport. I love Dana but he did all he can do for UFC, And he seems more focused on his boxing endeavor.

So you're saying the next president should be the exact opposite of Dana?

IMO the next guy will be a bland lawyer type like major sports leagues employ. Someone who would never have an action figure and gets booed in every arena LOL

The UFC would be dead within a month

He's too honesty

Fight game promoters have to be over the top and totally full of shit. Franklin seems like a great guy, but he doesn’t check any of those boxes.

Fight game promoters have to be over the top and totally full of shit. Franklin seems like a great guy, but he doesn’t check any of those boxes.
Just this.
You have to be a son of a bitch for fitting in this job.

Chael P Sonnen

Best choice for replacement Dana by a country mile. I think he would be significantly BETTER than Dana at all the on camera, media, press conference stuff.

Then Scott Coker (fighters speak well of him)

CroCop with his government experience and beloved position among fans.

Franklin could do it too, but he is somewhat lacking in the charisma department. Great dude but not that commanding of a presence imho.

I would have said Chael Sonnen as the best choice for an ex fighter

Former UFC fighter, doesn't cuss, very handsome, well spoken, extremely likable and professional.

He would bring more credibility to the sport. I love Dana but he did all he can do for UFC, And he seems more focused on his boxing endeavor.
It's like going from this
upload_2019-11-20_13-0-29.jpeg
To this.
upload_2019-11-20_13-1-7.jpeg

But he DOES check the “dapper as fuck” box...

upload_2019-11-20_13-2-6.png

giphy.gif

All these people saying he's too honest?

Really? Isn't he working for ONE and Evolve MMA?

Two organizations whose business practices make no sense whatsoever unless they are a front for something else.

I'd normally agree about Franklin not having that asshole quality that's typically a requirement of most fight promoters, but in this case, the UFC is more akin to a league.........whereby it typically promotes itself. This isn't the same as boxing where each fight needs to be sold on its own merit in my opinion.

I'm with the poster above who thinks the next president will be somebody more in line with commissioners and presidents of other major sports leagues. Rich could certainly be that guy.

Rich if the UFC vision continues to be aimed at becoming recognized as a legitimate sport, Chael Sonnen if it wishes to keep that sports entertainment edge.

Rich and Chael combining forces would be the ultimate UFC. Rich to handle things with professionalism and honesty, Chael to release all the hyperbole in the world.

Back