Can you wear powerlifting shirts and shorts in the UFC?

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've seen those shirts that make your bench press like 1000 lbs. I've also seen those shorts and pants that make your squad and deadlift deadly.

So why don't women wear the bench press shirt in fights?

Why don't men and women wear the deadlift and squat shorts?

Because they need to wear Reebok gear...
Because Reebok is the official sponsor of UFC...

Sure, lets give them a pocket knife too.

No but you can wear these
Dennis-Hallman.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

ufcpeen.jpg

81734304.JPG

qxoz3zpzv9beeces1qbv.jpg

My Phone isn’t loading the pics in the OP.

Anyone else having an issue loading the pics?

What about baseball bats, toasters or rubber ducks in the octagon? What are the various commissions positions on these items? (serious question)

Because its hard af to do anything other than squat, bench or deadlift in them.

Because they will lose all their mobility if they wear those. Not sure if trolling or dumb.

Because they will lose all their mobility if they wear those. Not sure if trolling or dumb.
Came to post this. "Why isn't he covering his face or punching?!"

"Because his arms are basically locked in that position. He cant really move freely currently"

Why would you want to wear clothing for fighting that restricts your range of motion? Wearing a bench press shirt and/or shorts made for squatting would just give your opponent an advantage over you.

Sure, lets give them a pocket knife too.

A pocket knife would actually be helpful, wearing a bench press shirt or shorts made for squatting would do the opposite, they restrict movement which is not a good thing for MMA.

I've seen those shirts that make your bench press like 1000 lbs. I've also seen those shorts and pants that make your squad and deadlift deadly.

So why don't women wear the bench press shirt in fights?

Why don't men and women wear the deadlift and squat shorts?

Why are you asking this question if you have seen bench press shirts or shorts made to help with squatting, they greatly reduce your range of motion and would be a really dumb thing to wear for MMA.

When wearing a bench shirt the words... restrictive, lacking freedom of movement, straight jacket, comes to mind, not exactly something that you want when competing. I wore one once when I banged out 295 for a quad... wouldn’t wear one again.

they're designed for powerlifts, not functional movement. Who cares if they're stronger than their opponent if they can't hit them? They'd basically be a sitting duck wearing it.

Do you want to see the first death in the octagon?!
Thats too much power!!
Jeeez!!

Back