Why do people act like Askren was Colby Covington?

EXOICHO

PRIDE
@Black
Reaction score
His trash talk was literally dad jokes and saying BOOM ROASTED, he was doing it all in good fun and never once had any machismo or malice in his voice

for some reason jorge dickriders act like it was some piece of shit heel getting put in his place when it was really a guy with a dadbod making dad jokes

Colby can actually beat elite fighters, Askren is a fucking joke. Imagine how badly Usman would’ve embarrassed this chump.

He was basically calling jorge a dumb uneducated foreigner that wasnt good at mma.

giphy.gif

His trash talk was literally dad jokes and saying BOOM ROASTED, he was doing it all in good fun and never once had any machismo or malice in his voice

for some reason jorge dickriders act like it was some piece of shit heel getting put in his place when it was really a guy with a dadbod making dad jokes
I agree

He's a dislikeable guy though. I think hes cool

Only relation was both boring grinders. Colby is going to end up staring at the roof of a church if he doesn't calm his shtick

His trash talk is worse and more annoying then Colby. Acting smug and superior. Doesn't help that he has a punchable face.

I don't think Colby is a real asshole as well. Yea sure he is a huge MAGA guy but it always seems to me he is just an impressionable fella who got overly caught up with the 'murica! rhetoric. He talks about things like honouring veterans. He is not a blind Islamic-hater. In the UFC, he isn't a duck, and fights all comers (if they pay him right).

A better guy for your comparison is McGregor. Dude outright insulted a man's religion and family. Threw a dolly and injured innocent bystanders. And for all the drama, he ended up tapping like a bitch.

I don't think Colby is a real asshole as well. Yea sure he is a huge MAGA guy but it always seems to me he is just an impressionable fella who got overly caught up with the 'murica! rhetoric. He talks about things like honouring veterans. He is not a blind Islamic-hater. In the UFC, he isn't a duck, and fights all comers (if they pay him right).

A better guy for your comparison is McGregor. Dude outright insulted a man's religion and family. Threw a dolly and injured innocent bystanders. And for all the drama, he ended up tapping like a bitch.
Why does being a huge MAGA guy make him an asshole? Makes no sense tbh.

Why does being a huge MAGA guy make him an asshole? Makes no sense tbh.

Yea exactly. My point is that being a big MAGA guy DOESN'T make him an asshole.

But lots of his haters use that to throw shade at him. Which I don't agree with.

Askren is a fucking funny dude all around, his phisique is ridicolous and his moves are embarassing, yes he trolls hard but you can also easily beat the shit out of him if you like, he is the perfect dummy i don't know why people still hate him

Shame that so many people will only picture Askren for his UFC run.

Never cared about askren but always seemed like he was a goofball and never really meant anyanythimalicious, was actually pretty hilarious a couple of times lol

His "well, that sucked" tweet after getting annihilated by jorge was absolutely priceless

Because of the political temperature in America from the far left overreacting to everything. Ben isn't even a Republican, but he supports Trump for the most part and that's where much of this anger stems from.

Because they are uneducated have "thug mentality" and can't think beyond the prison yard.

Shame that so many people will only picture Askren for his UFC run.
To be fair, his run was not that bad. He got the living shit beat out of him but survived and beat Lawlor. That is a good win. Then he got caught clean the first couple seconds. It has happened before and will happen again to all sorts of people. Hell, GSP got caught early by Serra, but look at how the rematch went. And his last fight he was winning until he got subbed, by a guy that might be the best sub guy in mma,

For sure people will always call him a scrub, but some of us will see it differently.
giphy.gif

Back