*Holloway Vs Volkanovski: Who gets the win?*

Seiryoku Zenyo

We are all one
@Brown
Reaction score
Holloway is tough as nails, and has a big range advantage. But Volk is really fast, if he could score a flashing cross on Max, he could get the win. Also he's like the Duracell bunny, always moving and has cardio for days.

So, who gets the win in this championship fight?

I have no idea. Genuinely one of the hardest fights to predict.
Volkanovski didn't look that good against Aldo and the fight feels like ages ago so I'll go with Holloway. Also Holloway dominated an even younger Aldo in both fights.

Of course that's some shaky MMA math and match-up wise I see a path to victory for both.

Holloway is tough as nails, and has a big range advantage. But Volk is really fast, if he could score a flashing cross on Max, he could get the win. Also he's like the Duracell bunny, always moving and has cardio for days.

If Volk wins it won't be any kind of surprising striking. It will be similar to the Aldo fight. He's going to fight similar to Usman. Lots of body shots, and pacing, to try and take away maxes stamina. The reason its a tough fight for Max is he relies on volume. So if Volk can do what he plans to, and drain the energy from Max, its going to be a very hard fight for Holloway.

I personally favor Volk

Volkanovski. tons of leg kicks at range if max tries to fight long

ROwX6V.gif

more power in the pocket for when max tries to bang
vlDw28.gif

better defense than max, wrestling advantage, and he could possibly hold max against the cage and make it boring and win that way if need be.

I got volkanovski via clear cut decision, but wouldn't be surprised by a stoppage.

Last edited:
Max... Just by his sheer will and fact he has been here before and he's been in deep water before.
And he had that wake up call recently with Dustin..

Volkanovksi looked great against Aldo, it's just hard to blow Aldo out of the water like Conor did or like Max did particularly in the 2nd fight (but even then Aldo made it close early on). Volkanovski basically perfected Edgar's game plan for beating Aldo, it was a safe performance but it's Jose Aldo we're talking about here.

In the Aldo fight Volkanovksi showed that he doesn't exactly fight in a rhythm like most fighters do, he can really change up his timing and stay unpredictable and that will cause fits for everyone. He also showed a good clinch game and uncanny strength as he was able to control Aldo in the clinch pretty much 100% of the time which is rare.

This is the best fight on the card imho. Gonna go with Max but wouldn't be surprised at all if Volk finds a way to win.

I was originally 55-45 in favor of Volkanovski and then I rewatched the Aldo fight and now I'm 55-45 Holloway. I feel like he's going to have to throw a lot of volume in this fight. Poirier threw a shitload of strikes that had lots of power and he wrestled Max. If he's able to follow a similar fight plan to Poirier then he could win, but I'd favor Max right now

The Aldo fight was a lot of feinting, leg kicks, and controlling against the cage. Volk has the tools for it (good chin, good cardio, good counters, ect) just a matter of pulling it off

I think Volkanovski gets it done. He's like a Mendes with better striking who doesn't gas. I don't think Max's strategy of overwhelming his opponent with volume is going to work.

Honestly dont care about this fight but max should win this

Volkanovksi looked great against Aldo, it's just hard to blow Aldo out of the water like Conor did or like Max did particularly in the 2nd fight (but even then Aldo made it close early on). Volkanovski basically perfected Edgar's game plan for beating Aldo, it was a safe performance but it's Jose Aldo we're talking about here.

In the Aldo fight Volkanovksi showed that he doesn't exactly fight in a rhythm like most fighters do, he can really change up his timing and stay unpredictable and that will cause fits for everyone. He also showed a good clinch game and uncanny strength as he was able to control Aldo in the clinch pretty much 100% of the time which is rare.

He also showed he can fight at long range. Aldo was waiting for volk to close the distance so that he could counter, much like he did to Edgar, but volkanovski just stayed at range and kicked Aldo for the majority of the fight. His feints seemed to really throw Aldo off too in the second and third rounds. Aldo looked like a dear in the headlights.

People underestimate volk's striking, yet everyone who is in there with him ends up looking pretty fucking confused by what he's doing

whoever is the greatest featherweight, of the night.

Cardio until he starts getting peppered and battered by King Max, King Max by 5th Rd. KO/TKO
AND STILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hi-res-02dae1f08cab5fbccc749bf873626ea3_crop_north.jpg

Holloway but it's gonna be extremely close as Volk would try to take it everywhere and anywhere.

I feel bad because I'm always picking against max and I do like him, but Volkanovski seems like such a savage and so hungry. That said max won 2/3 last fights I picked against him so maybe I'm not the best with his fights.

Volkanovski is probably the strongest FW of all time, and appears to have a bottomless gas tank. I think he will overpower, wear down, and overwhelm Holloway.

Volkanovski by 48-47, 49-46, or late TKO.

Back