GSP is cherry picking by trying to get the khabib fight, would never come back against...

J

Jpenwell14

Masvidal, Tony, or Gaethje as lightweight champions.

Admittedly this is still better than coming back for a mcgregor fight. But the only reason he wants to fight khabib is khabib is undefeated and a guy he can jab and sprawl on match up wise.

No disrespect to khabib, but if khabib gets molly whopped by one of those three guys above, gsp is not going to be volunteering to fight any of them, even if you think he would win. This is another case like the bisping fight of high reward low risk.

I'm kind of surprised the ufc didn't go through with it, because the chances khabib loses one of these 3 fights seems alot higher than him winning all 3 and gsp wanting to fight still.

I expect tony to beat khabib but, don't be surprised if khabib wins and gaethje gets passed up even with another victory, for the ufc to capitalize on the gsp opportunity.

GSP is retired. One more fight would be cool. But he left his legacy already. As great a legacy as anyone will ever have in MMA..

BTW Justin seems to lose to all elite fighters.

He wants to come back and face a undefeated champion, spin it how you want to try and not look like a hater .

if he challenged one of those guys you would be saying why isn't he calling out Khabib or whoever the WW champ is .

I agree, GSP should have defended at 185 or fought Usman. I do think he would fight any of those guys you mentioned though if at lightweight.

GSP would beat Masvidal, even now. Do you not realize that Masvidal has lost an extremely high amount of fights and is basically a gatekeeper on a win streak?

GSP would beat Tony. Tony can be taken down quite easily, and GSP would control him.

GSP would beat Gaethje. Why is Gaethje even mentioned? He lost vs Alvarez, ffs.

Khabib is not only the best challenge, but the biggest pay day for GSP

If GSP was cherry picking, why would he pick someone who's almost impossible to out grapple

Admittedly this is still better than coming back for a mcgregor fight. But the only reason he wants to fight khabib is khabib is undefeated and a guy he can jab and sprawl on match up wise.

No disrespect to khabib, but if khabib gets molly whopped by one of those three guys above, gsp is not going to be volunteering to fight any of them, even if you think he would win. This is another case like the bisping fight of high reward low risk.

I'm kind of surprised the ufc didn't go through with it, because the chances khabib loses one of these 3 fights seems alot higher than him winning all 3 and gsp wanting to fight still.

I expect tony to beat khabib but, don't be surprised if khabib wins and gaethje gets passed up even with another victory, for the ufc to capitalize on the gsp opportunity.

Lol

GSP has nothing to gain from fighting 50/50 record Masvidal and Gaethje , or even Tony for that matter. Irrelevant

Khabib is not only the best challenge, but the biggest pay day for GSP

If GSP was cherry picking, why would he pick someone who's almost impossible to out grapple

Seriously you don't see gsp jabbing khabib to death

GSP vs Khabib
FewAthleticCrustacean-size_restricted.gif

GSP vs Masvidal, Tony, or Gaethje
tenor.gif

Seriously you don't see gsp jabbing khabib to death
GSP is not the same fighter he was pre surgeries and pre retirement the first time.

Watch the Nick and Condit fights and you will see GSP's legendary take down shot is greatly diminished as is his fight cardio. He showed signs of visibly gassing in both fights and he struggled to land TD's against two of the guys int he division with the lowest TDD percent.

That said, even this reduced GSP who beat Bisping is still a force. With his TD's diminished he now sits down on his punches more (thus why he rocked Bisping) and his defensive wrestling is still great.

Khabib would be an interesting test. He is an all time great LW at the height of his powers who would be fighting an all time great MMA fighter (GOAT) who is on the decline.

I am not sure who I would bet on in this one.

Last edited:
GSP would rape Justin and Jorge.

Good troll job. All those other guys are bums with multiple loses and no active titles to show

OMG what an extremely bannable thread. The sheer stupidity and lack of fight game knowledge is insane.
So why would GSP not want to fight these guys again. Who in the hell is gonna Molly Whoop khabib, and whatever else was said. GSP is one of the GOAT's for a reason. Khabib is a huge check, all those other guys are nowhere near the draw. Also,....oh hell, nevermind, there is no hope for this conversation. The fact that people still say GSP is scared or whatever else, being that he's very comfortably retired is so played out. It's the same old recycled threads about GSP, SOMEBODY SAY SOMETHING ORIGINAL!!!!!

I agree with every thing except the Gaethje mention ... the dude just beat vick and washed cowboy and you think he can beat fucking GSP ??? GSP destroy geathje with one arm, he wont take this fight, because every body knows he ll win...

Back