How about Cannonier vs romero next?

Hazuki Ryo

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Cannonier needs one more fight.
Romero needs to get a win.

I think it's a great match up, and that would tell us how much of a threat Cannonier is against the big dogs.

Romero needs to get a convincing win before asking for another title shot. That's only fair.

The thing is that would mean Adesanya has to be still for more than 6 months before he can fight number one contender Costa..

How about no? I prefer to see Romero VS Adesanya.

Let Yoel teach a little bit of respect to this Israel guy then why not

Dana already said he's working on a fight between Romero and Israel, given that Israel wants to throw down with him. I can see why he was hesitant at first. As talented as Israel is, Romero is a bad match up for him.

I'd rather see Yoel bought out his contract and fight Tito at Goldenboy MMA 2. Both around the same age, why do you say it is unfair? Chuck needs justice.

If Costa is healthy then YES. Romero v Cannonier sounds very good but if Costa is injured then Adesanya wants that fight with Romero. Cannonier beat 42 year old Silva, Branch and Hermansson. He can fight one more like Whittaker, Till or Gastelum before he gets a title shot

Cannonier needs one more fight.
Romero needs to get a win.

I think it's a great match up, and that would tell us how much of a threat Cannonier is against the big dogs.

Romero needs to get a convincing win before asking for another title shot. That's only fair.

The thing is that would mean Adesanya has to be still for more than 6 months before he can fight number one contender Costa..

Yeah if the israel fight is off the table, this works too

I kinda dont like the idea of romero fighting for a title ahead of costa anyways...even tho i know costa "injuried" (or serving a USADA suspension) but he beat romero so he should be ahead..

That said i dont want to see the MW division or Israel on the sidelines for 8 months or so till whenever costas ready..

So maybe if this fight happens soon..israel could fight the winner early 2020 then face costa when hes done healing or serving..whatever is actually going on

no need to have Romero kill off or soften every MW contender

Back