Askren should have just retired after the Lawler fight

IGotAHugePeckah

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Having Lawler pick him up and slam him like he was nothing and then pound his head in should have given him indication that he just didn't have the skills to cut the mustard on the biggest stage.

At least if he brought up his hip issues and said "sorry guys, I'd love to go on and win the title but I need a hip replacement", people would have spent the next 50 years on Sherdog arguing about whether he could have been champ or not, and a lot of people would have argued that he could.

Now he's retiring as kind of a joke, a chump. A marmaluke. And that's not fighter bashing or giving my opinion on him, that's just how he's going to be known to by the fans. 5 second KO victim guy. Got choked out by a 64 year old Maia guy.

If he retired after Lawler he'd be a legend.

You're ridiculous calling him a chump.
I dont even want to argue this with you, you really showed how elementary your MMA knowledge is

fswis21twhz31.jpg

How much did he earn in the 2 losses, $500k+ ?
I think he'll be fine with his UFC career (earnings).

Nobody should consider him a chump. It's just stupid.

I dont even want to argue this with you, you really showed how elementary your MMA knowledge is

You really showed your lack of reading skills. I didn't call him a chump, I said that's how most MMA fans view him.

I'll call you a chump, though. Learn to read, Junior.

Agree with TS a thousand percent. No one gives a damn whose crotch Ben sniffed in some collegiate wrestling competition twenty years ago. What matters is what you do inside that Octagon and Ben getting his shit rocked was a guarantee every time. Humiliating failure of a career after all those years of shit talk while crushing cans, only to get crushed his own damn self the first time he faced real competition.

You really showed your lack of reading skills. I didn't call him a chump, I said that's how most MMA fans view him.

I'll call you a chump, though. Learn to read, Junior.

No, you said "fans". Not most of them, you just said fans.
Aren't you a fan?

Agree with TS a thousand percent. No one gives a damn whose crotch Ben sniffed in some collegiate wrestling competition twenty years ago. What matters is what you do inside that Octagon and Ben getting his shit rocked was a guarantee every time. Humiliating failure of a career after all those years of shit talk while crushing cans, only to get crushed his own damn self the first time he faced real competition.

What matters for him is the money he received. And he received great money for that matter.

How much did he earn in the 2 losses, $500k+ ?
I think he'll be fine with his UFC career (earnings).

at least $800K from the UFC, and probably his last fights in ONE were of a close price to this.

No, you said "fans". Not most of them, you just said fans.
Aren't you a fan?

Now he's retiring as kind of a joke, a chump. A marmaluke. And that's not fighter bashing or giving my opinion on him,

Maybe a bigger text will help you out, dumb dumb. lol smh

Now he's retiring as kind of a joke, a chump. A marmaluke. And that's not fighter bashing or giving my opinion on him,

Maybe a bigger text will help you out, dumb dumb. lol smh

Funny that you quote yourself selectively, little clown.
The ending of the sentence is "that's just how he's going to be known to by the fans".
So in this case indeed, as I mentioned, you distance yourself from fans. What are you then? Why do you follow this sport? To have someone mention you on sherdog forum?

BTW people bringing up the money he made...

Ben has is own ventures and businesses, he can earn money.

How much money is it worth to have that kind of embarrassment and brain damage from the Masvidal KO? To go down in history as the fastest KO victim in UFC?

BTW people bringing up the money he made...

Ben has is own ventures and businesses, he can earn money.

How much money is it worth to have that kind of embarrassment and brain damage from the Masvidal KO? To go down in history as the fastest KO victim in UFC?

If you're a grown up man, and understand that anything can happen in MMA, then yes, it's worth it because he sees it differently than retarded sherdog troll like yourself.

Funny that you quote yourself selectively, little clown.
The ending of the sentence is "that's just how he's going to be known to by the fans".
So in this case indeed, as I mentioned, you distance yourself from fans. What are you then? Why do you follow this sport? To have someone mention you on sherdog forum?

I'm quoting the relevant info, dumb dumb.

In English, we have the ability to distinguish when someone is speaking literally or in generalities. If you don't understand this concept, try to find an adult to explain it to you, because I've got better things to do lol

I'm quoting the relevant info, dumb dumb.

In English, we have the ability to distinguish when someone is speaking literally or in generalities. If you don't understand this concept, try to find an adult to explain it to you, because I've got better things to do lol

No, you intentionally put the info that exposes you as a person with irrelevant opinion about Askren and MMA overall.
Sherdog is full of idiots like you, whose opinion doesn't cound neither here nor IRL - and they surely like to feast on fighters on losing streaks and bad positions like Askren

Exactly. The username Igotahugepeckah..Herp derp!!! And the OP in general. Perfect combo for a dude who probably looks like this.
8137598-6558445-image-m-3_1546628678962.jpg

No, you intentionally put the info that exposes you as a person with irrelevant opinion about Askren and MMA overall.
Sherdog is full of idiots like you, whose opinion doesn't cound neither here nor IRL - and they surely like to feast on fighters on losing streaks and bad positions like Askren

lol you call me a "troll" but you're triggered so bad and having a melt down in this thread. Calm down, take a breath, count to 10.

You say Sherdog is full of idiots, but you post on Sherdog, so you must be an idiot? lol selfpwned.

You're making an ass of yourself. Just quit while you're behind. lmao

lol you call me a "troll" but you're triggered so bad and having a melt down in this thread. Calm down, take a breath, count to 10.

You say Sherdog is full of idiots, but you post on Sherdog, so you must be an idiot? lol selfpwned.

You're making an ass of yourself. Just quit while you're behind. lmao

So basically this whole response admits that you're just a stupid troll with zero actual connection to the sport.
Thank you for admitting this

So basically this whole response admits that you're just a stupid troll with zero actual connection to the sport.
Thank you for admitting this

Me in OP: that's not giving my opinion on him

You: YER A TROLL UR GIVIN A SHIT OPINON SHERDOG IS FULL OF IDIATS LIK YOU

Me: ...but I stated I wasn't giving my opinion.

You: BULLSHAT U R SELECTAVELY QUOTIN TO MAKE URSALF LUK GUD!!!

Me: ...but I'm just quoting the relevant info that contradicts your assertion.

You: FUK U TROLL!!! U R IDIOT LOL U ADMIT U R STOOPID

^this thread so far in a nutshell.

In the past I'd be happy to indulge and angry nut like yourself, but with mental health concerns being what they are today, I don't want to be responsible for sending someone over the edge.

So agree to disagree on the general perception of Askren's career. Have a nice day.

Back