Dan Hardy as a commentator

Espresso

Post USADA era will make UFC great again
@Silver
Reaction score
What's your opinion on him? Sherdog always comments on DC, Rogan and Cruz. Bisping started off great, then kinda fell off a bit imo.

Lately ive been liking Dan Hardy the best. He knows a lot about fighting, points outs things that I might not catch, knows when it's time to get exiting, smooth voice, and lastly the dude has great synergy with everyone: good jokes.

Plus, waking up sat. morning to him on the mic reminds me of waking up for World Cup

Meh, he's aight

He’s solid.

Has a great prescence and knows about mma.

Seems very natural and collected.

What's your opinion on him? Sherdog always comments on DC, Rogan and Cruz. Bisping started off great, then kinda fell off a bit imo.

Lately ive been liking Dan Hardy the best. He knows a lot about fighting, points outs things that I might not catch, knows when it's time to get exiting, smooth voice, and lastly the dude has great synergy with everyone: good jokes.

Plus, waking up sat. morning to him on the mic reminds me of waking up for World Cup

This is what the ex fighters need to be doing on the mic and Hardy does it well imo, big fan.

I like Bisping paired with Brendan Fitzgerald. Hardy is good as well. Not too keen on DC in the color role and Cruz is far too condescending. I would like to see Rogan with Bisping and Fitzgerald over him with DC & Cruz.

He's pretty solid Imo

As time went by his analysis / technical breakdown of nuances in fighting has gotten quite good. He's a nice contrast. Notimmune to his own biases but I think he's come along way in his post fight career

Worse than cruz in the charisma aspect and kinda disrespectfull toward other fighters, while not being a example of great fighter himself. he's basicaly in to attract at least the British fans to cards that nobody cares.

Indifferent, but could be worse.

Funnily enough I never really liked him till recently. He's loosened up a bit with Gooden, and Felder has added alot of banter to the trio. I think he needs a UK Cormier type to loosen him up a bit more. I'd love top hear him and Bisping.

I always think of GSPs accent of how he said dan hardy. He called him Dan ardee.

I think his work as a commentator rivals his success as a fighter, and I say that with nothing but respect.

Ppl forget Rumble had to panic wrestle Hardy to a safe win. But in the booth he's fantastic

He's great, always technical and thoughtful with his analysis. He and Gooden are my fave commentating team, and I like the recent addition of Felder as well.

I like them all for different reasons. I use to dislike Dominic Cruz, but recently warmed up to him. I had to just listen to audio, couldn't watch, he is very descriptive. I was thankful for that.

NOW!! Who I can't stand and have to mute the fights.... Big John.... It's just bad.. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD! I can't even pinpoint why, but i really don't like it. Goldy and Chael all day for Bellator.

Too bias towards the European fighters, and if both are European then whoever is from the UK. Also, his voice is pretty annoying but not as bad as Cruz.

I like them all for different reasons. I use to dislike Dominic Cruz, but recently warmed up to him. I had to just listen to audio, couldn't watch, he is very descriptive. I was thankful for that.

NOW!! Who I can't stand and have to mute the fights.... Big John.... It's just bad.. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD! I can't even pinpoint why, but i really don't like it. Goldy and Chael all day for Bellator.
Lol Big John is the worst, ever. Stephan Bonnar was better

Overall I prefer him and have advocated here that he should be on more US cards. He has had a couple of bad nights though.

Best team right now is Couture, Yves Edwards, and Sean O'Connell over at PFL. Too bad their product is sub par because I feel like they do a great job together.

It's too bad Jimmy Smith didn't work out with the UFC. I really do hope the UFC tries a combo of Bisping/Rogan in some form. I think that would be a lot of fun........anything but more Dom/Rogan. That just turns into a pissing contest with Dom getting so triggered by anyone who might know more than him. Hardy is ok for the most part but as other posters have mentioned, if it's a European fighter in a bout he's calling he sucks their dick no matter how shitty they, and that goes double for a fighter from the UK. That gets old pretty fast.

I personally like Bisping, Hardy and Cormier.

I don't like Cruz and Felder, because everything is about them and always mentioning what they did in a fight, Cruz is much worse though because he is very sarcastic and so robotic, he is like a android.

I've really enjoyed Bisping on commentary, he doesn't take himself too seriously, same as Cormier, they are easy too listen to for me. Hardy is solid too and can be witty and funny at times and gives a good analysis.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back