So askren being out of his prime is the new excuse to...

Bangkok ready d1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Deny that ufc competition is just better on general and he was never the cream of the crop, lol at people thinking he could be champion 5 years ago

He needs to lose 12 more times to reach BJ Penn's level of greatness <Lmaoo>

<36>
You always hatin' fam.....
What's up?
Found out you were gay?
<{titihmm}>

I don't think anyone sensible would deny that the UFC is the cream of the crop or that there are still good fighters outside the UFC.

Competition overall was certainly lower, but he's a really good grappler so he always had a chance.

there is talent outside of the ufc, just not askren

Then make that point.

Accusing the forum of denying UFC having greater talent than Bellator is just strange.

Maybe you did read it a few times, but that's selective reading and should be ignored.

Then make that point.

Accusing the forum of denying UFC having greater talent than Bellator is just strange.

Maybe you did read it a few times, but that's selective reading and should be ignored.
Thats the point people are talking that he is just old and he would do much better 5 years ago, i just used an expression i dont belive that people really think that the competition outside of the ufc is better ( although there are some crazy fellas ) but the point is the ufc is the cream of the crop when it comes to mma and beliving that he's just old is "denying" this fact. Dont take it literally

but the point is the ufc is the cream of the crop when it comes to mma and beliving that he's just old is "denying" this fact.

If you're a fan of this shit, "he lost because hes not a UFC fighter, he's a bellator fighter" is mind numbing.

It's a lazier, easier excuse than "he's old".

I don't think anyone sensible would deny that the UFC is the cream of the crop or that there are still good fighters outside the UFC.
Exactly.

Nobody I’ve seen is denying this, just pointing out that he was retired by the time the ufc acquired him. Which naturally implies his best years are behind him..

If you're a fan of this shit, "he lost because hes not a UFC fighter, he's a bellator fighter" is mind numbing.

It's a lazier, easier excuse than "he's old".
Ok im not gonna try to explain again if you just want to hate, just hate

Deny that ufc competition is just better on general and he was never the cream of the crop, lol at people thinking he could be champion 5 years ago
No one actually thinks this imo

His “fan base” is mostly trolls

Exactly.

Nobody I’ve seen is denying this, just pointing out that he was retired by the time the ufc acquired him. Which naturally implies his best years are behind him..
Ben said his hip problems started about 3 years ago and he retired 2 years ago so it definitely makes sense his body was already breaking down when he retired. He's been wrestling since a little kid him and his brother. On Friday and Saturday nights Ben wasn't going out to clubs he was studying tape and practicing wrestling. No doubt obsessive wrestling for 25 years takes a toll. This is why him and his brother both are D1 National Champions. Both of them are fucked up physically.

Last edited:

And then on the other side I see people claiming Rory, Mousasi and Bendo are out of their prime

Back