Doofousport is to blame

muaytao

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Ben Askren striking is worst than some non-competing women at my old mma gym. Ben literally hits like a girl. And he trains at a striking gym...

Maybe Askren doesn’t have the talent to be a good striker..

There was discussion here, previously, about him skipping striking. And it would make sense. He doesn't come off as someone who even is thinking of throwing a punch on the feet.

Last edited:
Maybe they just couldnt teach Askren.

Bullshit, some just can't grasp striking and never get close to good. Example: CM Punk, you don't think over the course of his 3 year training stint Roofus didn't show Punk proper striking technique? Don't be stupid.

They couldn't get a natural talent like CM Punk to win UFC gold either!
What a crap team!

Ben Askren striking is worst than some non-competing women at my old mma gym. Ben literally hits like a girl. And he trains at a striking gym...

During his Bellator days I remember him saying that he doesn't need to train striking since no one can stop his takedowns.

I love watching the interview where doofus is butthurt when his bro got legkicked to death lol.

Every gym has a bunch of fighters severely lacking in one or more areas of MMA. This is to be expected. You need a larger sample to make any conclusions about his gym.

I've blamed his gym for failures by other fighters but this time I think it's Askren's decision. Many people here (poll results) believe he was content not to develop striking skills.

Yes... It's the coaches fault who trains some of the most devastating strikers in the world as to why Askren has to retire from a sport due to serious hip injury caused primarily from wrestling

Yes... It's the coaches fault who trains some of the most devastating strikers in the world as to why Askren has to retire from a sport due to serious hip injury caused primarily from wrestling
Who is the most devastating strikers in the world he trained? Pettis?

Who is the most devastating strikers in the world he trained? Pettis?
tumblr_mpcda3fP5W1s0teago2_r1_400.gif

Bullshit, some just can't grasp striking and never get close to good. Example: CM Punk, you don't think over the course of his 3 year training stint Roofus didn't show Punk proper striking technique? Don't be stupid.
if fat girls at the gym can throw proper punches an athlete like askren can

Back