Did you believe JJ when he said he was legit scared of Rampage?

Kaiserjuan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I actually don't and I'm not a fan of his although I do believe he's probably goat and yes I do think he took peds, but the skills are there and he is blessed with a granite chin.

He knew he had the skillset and reach advantage to outpoint Rampage and he also knew Rampage was slowing down. I think he just said it because it was cool to say, seeing as he beat him effortlessly.

The man is very cynical and calculated, he doesn't take fights he's really scared to lose and that's why we haven't seen him at HW yet, despite fan request and callouts are not lacking. IMHO he'd do well at HW but the chances he might get caught are much higher

I’m sorry but that was incredibly difficult to read.

I mean that was like 10 years ago, before he started doing cocaine so probably?

I didn't believe her when she said she was still the strawweight queen after the two losses to Namajunas

Probably, would be an odd thing to lie about and Jon Jones NEVER lies

Yeah he crashed a car into a prego lady just to avoid Rumble

I actually don't and I'm not a fan of his although I do believe he's probably goat and yes I do think he took peds, but the skills are there and he is blessed with a granite chin.

He knew he had the skillset and reach advantage to outpoint Rampage and he also knew Rampage was slowing down. I think he just said it because it was cool to say, seeing as he beat him effortlessly.

The man is very cynical and calculated, he doesn't take fights he's really scared to lose and that's why we haven't seen him at HW yet, despite fan request and callouts are not lacking. IMHO he'd do well at HW but the chances he might get caught are much higher
Yes. Imagine being the young champion that Jones was when he faced prime Rampage. Rampage was a pretty imitating guy but Jones kicked his ass

Yeah. Rampage was still a pretty scary dude then despite slowing down. And Jon Jones wasn't as matured as today, still a very young champion. I don't want to say he was "scared", but definitely a bit more intimidated than the others he was facing at that time.

I’m sorry but that was incredibly difficult to read.

I mean that was like 10 years ago, before he started doing cocaine so probably?
i doubt it, he's rich and from upstate newyork with footballing brothers probably ripping lines before highschool was over.

on topic: I imagine that rampage frightened him being a young black man having to go up against pretty much THE violent black guy at the time is going to do somethin to ya. Black fighters are often more intimidating (not sure why)

no he fought rampage past his prime. he probably just likes him. hes one of the most unique characters the sport has ever seen. Jon probably recognizes that.

I get jones isn’t the most honest guy but why would he lie here?

just actually rewatched the fight, Jones clinic’d Page from start to finish, only thing he respected was that power... didn’t remember it being such a one sided beatdown, but it wasn’t even competitive.

If Jones was scared it sure as hell didn’t reflect in his performance
<{cruzshake}>

no he fought rampage past his prime. he probably just likes him. hes one of the most unique characters the sport has ever seen. Jon probably recognizes that.

I still think that was the best version of rampage

Rampage was on the decline when they fought for sure but he was coming in with 20+ wins and 8 losses which 2 were in the UFC to top 5.
Even If I was Jones I would've been intimated especially If I had watched his fights while coming up like Jones.

Well, he's absolutely petrified of Johnny Walker, so Rampage isn't out of the question

I mean, at one point in the fight Jon Jones literally had his back to Rampage sprinting in the opposite direction

The story is different now, but at the time it was about the toughest fight Jones had ever had, even with the finish

Back