Fransisco Trinaldo Calls Out Fellow Brazilian Striker Edson Barboza

legkicktko

Only the Strong Survive
@Black
Reaction score
Over the weekend, Trinaldo won a unanimous decision against Bobby Green although most MMA sites had green winning the fight.

Green Trinaldo scorecard.png

“I would like to face Edson Barboza next. He is the best muay Thai athlete in Brazil. I think it would be a great match.”
francisco-trinaldo-ufc-sao-paulo-1.jpg

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019...n-edson-barboza-ufc-on-espn-plus-22-sao-paulo

Since Felder is ducking Barboza hard, why not?

He should call out Bobby Green to avenge that loss.

Amazing how I was a big Felder fan and he became unbearable in one single fight. What a shit show. lol.

I was a big fan, too. Then someone on Sherdog pointed out that EVERY time he is on the broadcast team he will talk about himself and how great he is, even during fights when a fighter lands something he's like "Oh wow! I landed that exact strike in the x fight" or "I trained with him and showed him this and that" or something along those lines.
He always tells personal stories on the broadcast like anyone cares - dude your job is to call the fight not give personal fucking anecdotes and promote yourself.

I was a big fan, too. Then someone on Sherdog pointed out that EVERY time he is on the broadcast team he will talk about himself and how great he is, even during fights when a fighter lands something he's like "Oh wow! I used to land that in the x fight" or "I trained with him and showed him this and that" or something along those lines.
He always tells personal stories on the broadcast like anyone cares - dude your job is to call the fight not give personal fucking anecdotes.
Yeah, I actually hadn't noticed that before the Russia card and someone pointed him out and then I noticed him do it several times.

What really turned me as a fan is his reaction to the decision win over Edson. That is not remotely Paul's fault and he fought his heart out. All he had to do was say "fuck, that was a good fight, what's next?" But instead, he developed a pompous attitude saying he clearly won the fight and him and his coach posted fake stats on Instagram showing that they won the striking by a large margin. But several people noticed the stats were photoshopped because Edson actually outstruck him on every official stat. Then he went on saying that Barboza "was about to break" anyway so it didn't matter.

This is how the fight ended.
Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 8.44.32 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 8.44.36 AM.png

I was a big fan, too. Then someone on Sherdog pointed out that EVERY time he is on the broadcast team he will talk about himself and how great he is, even during fights when a fighter lands something he's like "Oh wow! I used to land that in the x fight" or "I trained with him and showed him this and that" or something along those lines.
He always tells personal stories on the broadcast like anyone cares - dude your job is to call the fight not give personal fucking anecdotes and promote yourself.
Yeah Felder and Cruz are both bad at that, always referring something very positive to themselves. Thats one of the main reasons I love Bisping on commentary, because he is not so robotic and he can laugh at himself and doesn't take himself too seriously. He says stuff on commentary like "listen buddy I have been beaten up many times and lost believe you me, you have to believe and keep going". Maybe because he is retired he never rates himself much on commentary, but its very refreshing anyhow.

Yeah Felder and Cruz are both bad that that, always referring something very positive to themselves. Thats one of the main reasons I love Bisping on commentary, because he is not so robotic and he can laugh art himself and doesn't take himself too seriously. He says stuff on commentary like "listen buddy I have been beaten up many times and lost believe you me, you have to believe and keep going". Maybe because he is retired he never rates himself much on commentary, but its very refreshing anyhow.
Bisping and Cormier are pretty damn good for fighters on the commentary IMO.

Bisping and Cormier are pretty damn good for fighters on the commentary IMO.
Yeah both of them are much more "human", and not so robotic, guys like Cruz is so robotic, he is like android and he is very sarcastic, not easy too listen to.

I used to never really like Bisping back in the day, but last few years he has grown on me a lot, I realized that he doesn't really have an ego, you can put him down and he will even agree lol, he can laugh at himself, which is rare with the ego heads in fighting.

I really like Hardy and Bisping as commentators, Cormier and Cruz not so much.

Yeah both of them are much more "human", and not so robotic, guys like Cruz is so robotic, he is like android and he is very sarcastic, not easy too listen to.

I used to never really like Bisping back in the day, but last few years he has grown on me a lot, I realized that he doesn't really have an ego, you can put him down and he will even agree lol, he can laugh at himself, which is rare with the ego heads in fighting.
I actually agree that I was seldom rooting for him while he was fighting throughout his career but I rooted for him hard when he fought Rockhold and it was truly beautiful to see him get the win.

Now that he's retired, I really like him.

When some weird nerd on a forum says a fighter is ducking another fighter, that they've fought twice.

View attachment 679441
He had minimal success in both fights. He offered a trilogy, and then took it off the table saying there is no need because he had him broken.

Actually photo of Edson broken at the end of the fight.

Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 8.44.32 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 8.44.36 AM.png

When some weird nerd on a forum says a fighter is ducking another fighter, that they've fought twice.

View attachment 679441

You clearly have no idea what I'm talking about, 2018 noob. Have you seen their last fight? I didn't say Felder is scared at all.

Felder offered a rematch to Barboza after their last fight because the decision was controversial (to put it nicely). A few days later he said he's not interested in a rematch anymore (obviously because he lost both fights and it would be a terrible move for his career) but real fighters, like the past generation of fighters, would take the fight simply because of something called honor. Instead, Felder proceeded to shit on Barboza and his camp made up lies about the fight and the stats - very honorable. Of course a 2018 noob wouldn't understand that. Nowadays all we got are dumbass prizefighters looking to duck everyone ranked below them. And no, I'm not saying they are scared. But they are still ducking. Look at all the "fighters" refusing to fight a guy just because he is 1 or 2 ranks below them. Back then #5 vs #10 match-ups were nothing special and pretty much the most intriguing part of MMA because top-ranked guys actually had to prove they are worthy of their ranking. (of course there are exceptions to this, and I respect those guys a lot)

Do you know why divisions are stale nowadays? Because unranked people on winstreak can't find a ranked guy that takes a fight with them. Because champions after losing their championship fight, drop to #1 instead of dropping way down the ladder and having to work their way back up, like it used to be. I'm ranting and a bit off-topic, but I feel like you're not very educated on this matter.

52MhqxpMmuY8.jpg

Last edited:
That'd be a good fight but I think Barboza eventually TKOs Trinaldo.

That'd be a good fight but I think Barboza eventually TKOs Trinaldo.
I mean, MMA rarely makes sense, but Green definitely outstruck Trinaldo in my book. We know how Barboza-Green went in the striking.

Makes sense. He clearly beat Alex Hernandez who was #13 so he’s on a two fight winning streak and probably should be in the top 15.

Like them both, I favor Edson.

Back