Media Robert Whittaker analyses Gastelum vs Till, looks very set on Till & done with Romero lol

GSP Rush

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is really good, Rob talks about the fight with Till and Gastelum and brings up some great points about Till moving to middleweight and also in regards to Kelvin Gastleum.

Some cliffs.

Interviewer: This is what's fucking crazy, Gastelum has now lost two in a row, one to Adesanya and one to Till and you're gonna read people saying that he's not good, that he's a washout, that he's a bum and Gastelum is a killer dude, like people do not understand how good that guy is.

Rob: I don't understand how like, as we were saying before the whole dynamic with the top 10 and losing in the top 10, I feel like specially in terms of like the company and cutting and things like that, it shouldn't even be a thing if you're in the top 10, you shouldn't be worrying about it because you are fighting the best in the world, literally the best in the world and like unless you start going on a losing streak and someone dethrones you from the top 10 like someone from 11 onward.

Of which the guy follows up with "He looked GOOD" and goes on to talk about the small amount of people who would knock that fight etc..

Honestly I've been thinking how good the Middlweight, Welterweight and Lightweight divisions are right now, they're all really really good and like Rob was saying when fighters have the odd loss or two in a row it's nothing really and is ridiculous how people can just write them off. Specially when you think about the competition and the styles within the fights too, it's to be expected.

Anyway give this a watch if you like, it's really good and enjoy :)

Last edited:
Honestly I've been thinking how good the Middlweight, Welterweight and Lightweight divisions are right now, they're all really really good and like Rob was saying when fighters have the odd loss or two in a row it's nothing really and is ridiculous how people can just write them off. Specially when you think about the competition and the styles within the fights too, it's to be expected.

This forum must make your brain explode on a daily basis.

Yoel beat him in their second fight by a wide margin you would think, although a couple of imbecils sitting ringside didn't. He also bashed him and gave him a beating that ruined Robert's career.

Yoel beat him in their second fight by a wide margin you would think, although a couple of imbecils sitting ringside didn't. He also bashed him and gave him a beating that ruined Robert's career.
You're a twat if you think anyone won that fight by a wide margin. Also when calling someone else an imbecile I'd recommend making sure you know how to spell the word first, otherwise people will laugh at you.
tenor.gif

2-0... really, is anyone that dumb, or completly unknowledgable on MMA to think Yoel won the first fight? When did this complete fabrication of their first fight start?

It was the easiest fight of all time to score, Yoel controlled the first two rounds with wrestling, and landed one kick that injured Robs knee, but nothing else significant. Rob won rounds 3, 4, 5 controlling the fight with striking. Incredibly easy 48/47 score.

We’ve already seen Whitaker go 10 Rounds with Romero. I’d def much rather see Whitaker vs. someone new. Till / Cannonier / Whitaker any of these guys vs. each other interests me quite a bit

2-0... really, is anyone that dumb, or completly unknowledgable on MMA to think Yoel won the first fight? When did this complete fabrication of their first fight start?

It was the easiest fight of all time to score, Yoel controlled the first two rounds with wrestling, and landed one kick that injured Robs knee, but nothing else significant. Rob won rounds 3, 4, 5 controlling the fight with striking. Incredibly easy 48/47 score.

Pretty sure that guy meant 2-0 as in Whitaker 2-0. But I might be wrong.

Anywho, the Romero-heads should just shuddup. If your fighter is constantly "robbed", maybe he should change something about his approach. Never heard a fanbase claiming robbery as often as Romeros, its hilarious.

I really, REALLY hope Israel beats him in a split dec. So I can see the full meltdown on here.

Till would be good rebound fight for him. Even though he beat yoel twice those fights probably took years off of his career

Lmao what?

Romero did literally fuck all in that first round

Edit: O are you talking about the first fight?.

My bad.

I will never understand how people really call a fight as close as Whittaker Romero 2 a robbery. That's just ridiculous.

If anything, Romero deserved to lose anyway because of not making weight.

I will never understand how people really call a fight as close as Whittaker Romero 2 a robbery. That's just ridiculous.

If anything, Romero deserved to lose anyway because of not making weight.

Rounds scored by whether they made weight, then effective striking, grappling, aggression and octaaaagon con-trol

Back