You're all too critical of Jacare

EzekielFromMount

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Yeah the fight sucked to watch, but it's not like he deliberately made it boring. Jacare tried to grapple, Jan defended very well but very passively, so we got a boring stalemate. It wasn't wall and stall, it was deadlocked wrestling.

That said, it definitely looked like Jacare was trying to run out the clock on the last two rounds after some moronic corner advice. Not defending that.

Yeah the fight sucked to watch, but it's not like he deliberately made it boring. Jacare tried to grapple, Jan defended very well but very passively, so we got a boring stalemate. It wasn't wall and stall, it was deadlocked wrestling.

That said, it definitely looked like Jacare was trying to run out the clock on the last two rounds after some moronic corner advice. Not defending that.
Think you're taking it too easy on him mate. Clearly Jan was too big and strong in the clinch for him to get down, to then have only 20 odd significant strikes over 5 rounds seems like he coasted the entire time, seemingly expecting to get the hometown decision W. Neither guy should have had their hands up at the end of the fight, both should have been shaking their heads in embarrassment.

I just want to forget that fight ever happened.

The yellow card system from Pride should be the first thing on the agenda for the next unified rules reevaluation. Payment penalties would have had them both working.

<Deported1>

You clearly don't know much about grappling, MMA, and Jacare. Odd that you made a thread about this.

GSP got away with it, multiple times.

Nothing worse in MMA than minutes wasted against the cage, adapt your strategy ffs.

I just want to forget that fight ever happened.

Dude, your AV. Epic.

419885.jpg

Think you're taking it too easy on him mate. Clearly Jan was too big and strong in the clinch for him to get down, to then have only 20 odd significant strikes over 5 rounds seems like he coasted the entire time, seemingly expecting to get the hometown decision W. Neither guy should have had their hands up at the end of the fight, both should have been shaking their heads in embarrassment.

I actually agree with both POVs. It is true that Jacare's grappling was ineffective on Jan, but Jan is a top ranked 205-er and one of the best grappler in that division, so it's not like Jacare can't take "anyone" down going forward. Also agree Jacare received some poor corner advice on how the fight was going, though as a veteran he should know better.

That said, no doubt it was a piss poor showing from both fighters.

419885.jpg

I was so spruised to see how bad this fight was. After Seeing Ian KO Rockhold like that. That was one of the worst fights I watched. This Jacare should retire, And he wanted a TS. Do you think Dana saw this fight and still will give him TS?

smh

I hespect Jacare but he should be ashamed of that garbage ass performance. Couldnt take down a guy with a broken foot. Didnt give a single decent look in the stand up. Garbage ass cage hugging.

Don't understand why Jacare is catching all the flack...he was pressing forward and pursuing the fight...blachowitz having the size, strength, reach advantage did jack squat.

I actually agree with both POVs. It is true that Jacare's grappling was ineffective on Jan, but Jan is a top ranked 205-er and one of the best grappler in that division, so it's not like Jacare can't take "anyone" down going forward. Also agree Jacare received some poor corner advice on how the fight was going, though as a veteran he should know better.

That said, no doubt it was a piss poor showing from both fighters.
I said uhoh as soon as I heard his corner say he was up 3 rounds

Don't understand why Jacare is catching all the flack...he was pressing forward and pursuing the fight...blachowitz having the size, strength, reach advantage did jack squat.
He had 20 odd significant strikes over 25 minutes ffs, once it became apparent to all and sundry that he wasn't going to get Jan down you'd think he might have decided it wasn't wise to coast the rest of the fight and seemingly assume he was going to get a hometown decision. Not saying Jan's performance wasn't embarrassing either mind you but Jacare absolutely should get a tonne of flack for such a frankly piss poor performance.

After reading about Jacare's 4 excuses I am confident that he would beat Jones.

He had 20 odd significant strikes over 25 minutes ffs, once it became apparent to all and sundry that he wasn't going to get Jan down you'd think he might have decided it wasn't wise to coast the rest of the fight and seemingly assume he was going to get a hometown decision. Not saying Jan's performance wasn't embarrassing either mind you but Jacare absolutely should get a tonne of flack for such a frankly piss poor performance.

He gets a pass from me for moving up to LHW to fight a top contender who frankly should have done much better. Jacare seems to be slowing down and his best run at the title is behind him.

He gets a pass from me for moving up to LHW to fight a top contender who frankly should have done much better. Jacare seems to be slowing down and his best run at the title is behind him.
He gets a pass for 20 odd significant strikes in 25 minutes? Fuck that. Both his and Jan's performances were abysmal. If he fights like that come his next fight it will be time to hang them up.

He gets a pass for 20 odd significant strikes in 25 minutes? Fuck that. Both his and Jan's performances were abysmal. If he fights like that come his next fight it will be time to hang them up.

tumblr_mgkwemTlCJ1rr8wbto1_500.gif

I got nothing. Jacare used to be a bad dude so he gets a pass for this stinker.

Back