Nick Diaz & GSP have something in common.

Omega Man

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Nick said in the Ariel interview that he never liked fighting and only did it because he wasn't good at anything else.

Well, I don't like fighting too...
I guess I'm gonna be a GOAT in the UFC soon.
<Fedor23>

GSP never liked fighting? I don't believe that.

Nick couldve beat GSP that night if he wasnt such a dunce. He nullified all GSPs GNP strikes and he was messing GSP up on the feet. Some of those body shots sounded like gunshots and GSP was gasping for air

Nick couldve beat GSP that night if he wasnt such a dunce. He nullified all GSPs GNP strikes and he was messing GSP up on the feet. Some of those body shots sounded like gunshots and GSP was gasping for air
Sure. Too bad he didn’t have your fight iq.

Lmao. Nick Diaz was nowhere near GSP's level on the feet. GSP won EASILY.

Lol, dude, I'm a big Diaz brothers fan but this is so false it can't be serious.

GSP beat up Nick both standing and on the ground out landing him almost 3 to 1 with a considerable amount of the fight taking place on the feet in the last 3 rounds.

The only way Nick "could've beaten GSP that night" was if GSP suffered a sudden heart attack or aneurism mid fight.

Nick did land some nice shots and bust Georges up a bit but Georges landed far more and busted him up worse and Nick couldn't even claim he just got held down all night by someone who was scared to fight him cause over half of the fight took place standing and George beat him up mostly in Boxing range.

There is also the fact that they are both canadians and very respectful to their opponents

Nick did look impressive during some of the exchanges. He was just facing a fully r****d out GSP and was also poisoned in Canada the day before the fight
this-cat-needs-a-tin-foil-hat-and-a-shotgun-asap.gif

"He wasn't good at anything else"

Doubtful that he's even good at fighting anymore, he's going on a decade since his last win.

1550545271660.jpg

I don't know if I buy that they hate fighting. I can understand how its not ideal, its not the most desirable career choice, but I think they are lying to themselves if they say they don't enjoy it.

Obviously I cannot be inside their heads, but they got into it before there was any money in it. I can't understand why you would pursue something with such vigor and passion if you don't like it, and it is very unlikely to be financially lucrative.

Either way, I am happy they both fought, and I am happy they became successful. Both dudes are put on a show.

They both get threads on Sherdog daily despite being retired?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back