Is johnny walker hype train truly dead?

Bangkok ready d1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If he wins his next fight and then get a victory over a top 10 guy is there hope that his hype will come back? I think that if he works on his defence he has a good chance of making a run for the title, he's very athletic and has an akward style that jones hasn't faced yet

I don't see why.
KO happens.
He wasn't humiliated. He merely got caught.

he can come back, KO the next guy and be back where he was before Corey Anderson.

He stinks ... He was a product of hype ... He hasn't beaten anyone , and he probably won't beat any top 8 guy .... It's a shame caz he had the frame to give Jones problems .... Reyes is our only hope to dethrone Jon

He stinks ... He was a product of hype ... He hasn't beaten anyone , and he probably won't beat any top 8 guy .... It's a shame caz he had the frame to give Jones problems .... Reyes is our only hope to dethrone Jon
Rakic as well if he defeats volkan

It's only mostly dead.

tenor.gif

Rakic is the man for the job

No. He is still brutal and all his wins were not flukes but straight up precision brutality

Only thing against him is that in Anderson fight he held back too long and didnt pull the trigger. He should have unloaded.

nah. if he actually comes back better against (hopefully) another decent opponent it’ll be right back where it was

If 1st round KOer Walker came out Corey would've been a victim but since Walker wanted to experience a three-round fight he got caught.
WarpedBelovedLacewing-size_restricted.gif

Dude has technical deficiencies that can be exploited by any fighter with a decently high fight IQ. Plus his chin isn't that good.

Hype or not, still a fan. Dude is exciting in the cage.

Probably, but only until he wins one fight and he’ll be the man to beat Jon Jones again. You know how it is.

Conor did't win a fight since 2016 (alvarez) and they'll still hype the shit out of him 4y after in 2020. So no, the hype for Walker is still there, until the next tko, then it's over.

If he wins his next fight and then get a victory over a top 10 guy is there hope that his hype will come back? I think that if he works on his defence he has a good chance of making a run for the title, he's very athletic and has an akward style that jones hasn't faced yet
No..
He lost his first fight in the UFC to a guy whos beating other names just not as exciting.

After all...I get every fighter MUST go on a UFC undefeated streak before becoming champion, or else you are hype.

In all seriousness, the best fighters in the world that became forces in the UFC mostly all had losses early in their career.

No but he needs to learn at least some basic defensive boxing skills.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back