2005 GP Shogun vs Prime Jon Jones

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Shogun is most definitely in his prime much much better than Thiago Santos, Smith, Reyes and so on.

Who wins?

Shogun is my absolute favorite MMA fighter and unfortunately I'd pick Jones to win.

Jones via ground and pound TKO.

Jones and easy... Shogun was 29 and champ..

This is just more Pride Nostalgia..

Jones by brutality, like it went down the first time. People act like Shogun was a shell of himself or something because he lost to Forrest on his first UFC fight. Shogun was still a killer when he came into the UFC, and Jones made him look weak.

Fully juiced and in Pride with soccer kicks and stomps?

Bones and the rest of the pico family via that ultraviolence

2005 Shogun might have done better since he was in Pride and more roids

If you guys pick Jones that’s fine, but don’t sell me your bs that it would be just an easy of a fight as their last encounter.

Until I see Jon Jones beaten, I would pick him against any LHW then or now. If he was fighting in PRIDE, they didn't check for steroids and Jones would be more of a beast than he is now. Forest Griffin beat Shogun, so would Jones.

If you guys pick Jones that’s fine, but don’t sell me your bs that it would be just an easy of a fight as their last encounter.

It would. Shogun has nothing for Jones. He was a great fighter in Pride, and a great fighter in the early years of the UFC when he was champ having beat an unbeaten Machida for the belt. Jones whips him because Jones is the best fighter ever in the UFC..

It would. Shogun has nothing for Jones. He was a great fighter in Pride, and a great fighter in the early years of the UFC when he was champ having beat an unbeaten Machida for the belt. Jones whips him because Jones is the best fighter ever in the UFC..

Yeah and I’m sure you also think that version that fought Jones (after he was past his prime and 3 ACL tears) is the same fighter that won the 2005 GP.

Like I said, peddle your biased agenda elsewhere.

Yeah and I’m sure you also think that version that fought Jones (after he was past his prime and 3 ACL tears) is the same fighter that won the 2005 GP.

Like I said, peddle your biased agenda elsewhere.

Buddy it is Pride Nostalgia.. That is all. I get it Pride was fun. Had some great fights. But Shogun anything less than in his prime, does not lose a controversial decision with Machida and KO him.. Machida was a great fighter..

Shogun was a better fighter in 2005 than when he fought Jones and the ring (big deal imo) and rules work well for him. Shogun certainly has a shot.

Back