Maybe Y'all can help me decide. The better knockout.

VIPERdude

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Jorge Masvidal had most legit knockout and broke the record for fastest KO in the UFC.

However, as much as I loved that knockout and thought it was amazing his celebration made it more enjoyable, I find myself watching that knock out by Kevin Lee on Gregor Gillespie to be just as insane. The man was kicked in the face and flew back into the fence with such force. If the fence cage wasnt there he would have kept going.

I love both knockouts and Jorges was more rare being a flying knee but Gregor was also undefeated like Askren and was actually more of a threat in his particular division.

Which knockout was more insane to you?

The lack of gifs is disturbing

tenor.gif

PoorSomberFlea-size_restricted.gif

And to answer your KO, I found the masvidal knee KO more intense.
It had the shock appeal of being so fast, but also the full run up was crazy and then how fucked askren looked afterwards for ages. Couple that with everyone knowing askren has a granite chin so the strike must've been wild.
Also I think the camera crew gave us way more footage of busted Ben than Gillespie for whatever reason.

Tough call, both had great aesthetic. But I’d say the circumstances surrounding Masvidal’s make it a little more spectacular. But that’s just me.

Last edited:
Askren was lauded as a grappling phenom for years, undefeated record, massive shit talker..
His fans claimed him to be a uncrowned champ. @Airdack

Masvidal crushing that hype in 5 seconds was fucking glorious.

Edson Barboza's KO of Terry Etim was more impressive.

giphy.gif

Masvidal baby! :)
The lead up, the execution, and his actions immediately following the K.O.

masvidal ko was better.

Lee's head kick was technical perfection.
Jorge's knee was brutal and so unexpected, as Ben collapsed and looked frozen in time I was slack-jawed in disbelief for half a minute.

One doesn't have to be better than the other, you can appreciate both of them equally.

The Masvidal KO is GOAT, and this is coming from someone who's starting to get tired with the Masvidal hype at this point.

The buildup, Asscream's shit talking, his undefeated aura (even after the Lawler fightbacle) and Jorge's demeanor all played into it. And then when it hit, the sound alone was insane, but Asscream looking like he had been taken to a taxidermist?

Doesn't get any crazier.

They are both special for different reasons......BUT, as far as spectacular,,,,,,the Mas KO is hard to beat

Askren was lauded as a grappling phenom for years, undefeated record, massive shit talker..
His fans claimed him to be a uncrowned champ. @Airdack

Masvidal crushing that hype in 5 seconds was fucking glorious.
Wut I never said he'd be champ. Granted I thought he'd match-up well Maia and grapple fuck Masvidal but I always said Colby or Usman would beat him. Strong cardio wrestlers with striking is his worst match-up.

I said I believe that Askren coming off the Bellator run had a good chance at being champ and we missed some amazing matchups while Ben was looking in good shape.

Dont get it twisted homie

Jorge Masvidal had most legit knockout and broke the record for fastest KO in the UFC.

However, as much as I loved that knockout and thought it was amazing his celebration made it more enjoyable, I find myself watching that knock out by Kevin Lee on Gregor Gillespie to be just as insane. The man was kicked in the face and flew back into the fence with such force. If the fence cage wasnt there he would have kept going.
The Askren KO because the hype surrounding Askren. He was supposed to be the GOAT and Masvidal ended that hype train and claimed it for himself. He went from gatekeeper (and backyard brawler) to one of the biggest names in the sport. It was absolutely beautiful and great for the sport.

They were both great, but Masvidal was a one strike demolition. Because it was the fastest KO ever, it will live forever in the history books, or until someone gets a faster KO than that. PLUS, nobody liked Askren, so it made it special in that way too.:D

Lee's ko was nice, but if I'm comparing the two side by side...Masvidal wins. That's a tough one to beat. That's not taking anything away from Lee or his also spectacular ko, but I think Masvidal's ko is just tough to beat when comparing to any other ko ever.

Masvidal knee was awesome, but I always dug this one:

RL8p4hh.gif

Dariush jabbed + TDA Barboza 3 times throughout the fight before that knee, boggles me to think that how fast Barboza learned Beneil's game.

EDIT: The referee stepping in always made me laugh as well

Last edited:
Back