in retrospect widemans win over

josephsjoseph

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
gastelm is really impressive. still the only guy to finish him. kelvin has since ko'd bisping into retirement, beat jacare, and very arguably could have won decisions vs the current champ and darren till.
this fight happend in long island too. sucks to see how chris's career hit a downward spiral but i think this fight and win here was pretty special. can't say his only win in the last few years has been against a bum.

image.jpg

Nothing that I don't know already......

In 2021 he will still be Scott Cokers boy.

A rare case of The Chris losing until he won

<TheWire1>

Bizarro MMA

Gastelum still knocked his ass down and would probably beat him in a rematch.

kjBeU.gif

Weidman was a big MW who's now a LHW and he fought a former WW.

gastelm is really impressive. still the only guy to finish him. kelvin has since ko'd bisping into retirement, beat jacare, and very arguably could have won decisions vs the current champ and darren till.
this fight happend in long island too. sucks to see how chris's career hit a downward spiral but i think this fight and win here was pretty special. can't say his only win in the last few years has been against a bum.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Screenshot-2019-11-15-Israel-Adesanya-def-Kelvin-Gastelum-UFC-236-MMA-Decisions.png

Screenshot-2019-11-15-Darren-Till-def-Kelvin-Gastelum-UFC-244-MMA-Decisions.png

Gas is overrated

He clearly lost lopsided decisions to Adesanya and Till

I agree. I think he used up the last bit of "magic" he had to pull it off. Beating Andy twice and 2 title defenses afterwards sometimes seems like the end of his signed contract with the devil lol. Then he was left to fend for himself, and submitting Kelvin was his lone "post-contract" win.

He's still my boy though

Back