Wish rampage used more muay tai in his career..

Rockman14

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
tenor.gif

A-level overhand elbow and body kick IMO

As a Muay Thai connoisseur, I strongly disagree.

Fist was closed during elbow. NOT A-Level.

<BC1>

Rampage was at his best in the clinch back in Pride. Wanderlei was his one Achilles heel.

He had devastating knees to the body, good dirty boxing, and was always looking to pick up and slam dudes onto their head, which he did regularly to end fights and break bones.

Rampage is one of the most underrated LHW fighters ever tbh. He had Chuck's number every time, Hendo's too, the only guy he couldn't beat when it really mattered was prime Wanderlei. Forrest Griffin didn't count. That fight didn't happen, you imagined it.

That door had a family

Mr. Woodbottom 2007-2009

Rampage was at his best in the clinch back in Pride. Wanderlei was his one Achilles heel.

He had devastating knees to the body, good dirty boxing, and was always looking to pick up and slam dudes onto their head, which he did regularly to end fights and break bones.

Rampage is one of the most underrated LHW fighters ever tbh. He had Chuck's number every time, Hendo's too, the only guy he couldn't beat when it really mattered was prime Wanderlei. Forrest Griffin didn't count. That fight didn't happen, you imagined it.

Without a doubt he's in the Top 10, maybe even Top 5 LHWs of all-time.

tenor.gif

A-level overhand elbow and body kick IMO
This gif always makes me chuckle. Makes a normal door look like a single sheet of cardboard.
From what I remember of this TUF season, he didn't really seem like he cared much about coaching his team but he lost his temper and this happened haha

He has goat boxing blocking. He uses elbow blocking like no other.

Rampage is underrated as fuck.

Also one of the most durable fighters in the sport. The only one to finish him in the last 15 (!) years is fucking Jonny Bones.

You can hardly say he had Hendo's number. He won a razor close decision in a very competitive fight. If Hendo hadn't gassed in the championship rounds, he might have pulled it off.

Shogun handled him pretty easily as well, but if I remember correctly he had rib issues or something. It did look way easy for shogun though, it was lopsided. I agree rampage is underrated , cause he handled most UFC guys easily. Wandy just had his number. That first fight was awesome. I think it took a long while for rampage to recover from that face changing.

Nah. He should have just slammed people more.

Back