If Rakic finishes Volkan, is he the next one?

marksmen

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
He has looked like a beast in there so far, and a big win over a ranked opponent and former title challenger will put him right there imo. What you guys think? Do you think he gets a shot if he finishes Volkan or maybe the UFC will make Andersen fight him and make it a number one contender match.

Thoughts?

He has looked like a beast in there so far, and a big win over a ranked opponent and former title challenger will put him right there imo. What you guys think? Do you think he gets a shot if he finishes Volkan or maybe the UFC will make Andersen fight him and make it a number one contender match.

Thoughts?
Reyes could get the next shot and maybe Rakic vs Anderson for the next shot afterwards on the same card.

If he wins, Sherdog will be like
tenor.gif

Thin division up top, he HL reels Volkan talks will be high

The thing with the UFC is clear, you HL reel finish your opponents you need to fight less times to get the TS, you get boring or sloppy decisions then who knows how long your win streak needs to be. Promo material is a must.

Corey, the winner then gets a TS after Jones vs Reyes

I mean , at this point and the state of division, you would think hes certainly up there. Either there or on cusp of.
matchmakers know what they're doing and have a job that's just not throwing fights together. In particular situations they make sure someone is ready by throwing certain stylistic match ups together. Corey Anderson was thrown in Walkers path by design. If Walker passed that final test theres no doubt in my mind that a Jones Walker fight wouldve been penned.

They know their fighters and as good as Walker had looked - they know - . Once again Las Vegas opened up the invitational buffet by opening Walker at an extremely bet-able-145. Alot of people lost money that night......ALOT

I wouldn't count on him and Anderson fighting. I don't think Corey's going to agree to fight anyone not named Jon Jones at this point. I could see him fighting Blachowicz if both of them win beat Souza and Oezdemir for a title eliminator.

I wouldn't count on him and Anderson fighting. I don't think Corey's going to agree to fight anyone not named Jon Jones at this point. I could see him fighting Blachowicz if both of them win beat Souza and Oezdemir for a title eliminator.

Lol corey will be waiting a long time then. Nobody is going to push for that nonsense except Corey. They'll offer him a headlining tv slot or co main on a ppv against someone with more juice

I met him last week at KSW event, took a photo with him, such a cool dude

Lol corey will be waiting a long time then. Nobody is going to push for that nonsense except Corey. They'll offer him a headlining tv slot or co main on a ppv against someone with more juice
Not saying he's going to be granted a title shot based on his demands. I just think it's more likely he packs his bags and moves to Bellator than fight anyone else.

Thin division up top, he HL reels Volkan talks will be high

The thing with the UFC is clear, you HL reel finish your opponents you need to fight less times to get the TS, you get boring or sloppy decisions then who knows how long your win streak needs to be. Promo material is a must.
To clarify, are you saying the UFC shouldn't prioritize giving title shots to fighters who win via domination or exciting finish?

Yeah lhw division is not deep, if he kos him flat then for sure next title shot

I mean , at this point and the state of division, you would think hes certainly up there. Either there or on cusp of.
matchmakers know what they're doing and have a job that's just not throwing fights together. In particular situations they make sure someone is ready by throwing certain stylistic match ups together. Corey Anderson was thrown in Walkers path by design. If Walker passed that final test theres no doubt in my mind that a Jones Walker fight wouldve been penned.

They know their fighters and as good as Walker had looked - they know - . Once again Las Vegas opened up the invitational buffet by opening Walker at an extremely bet-able-145. Alot of people lost money that night......ALOT

At this point after the walker debacle, i will remain unconvinced of rakic legitimacy even with a win over volkan and corey, untip the man actually threatens jon jones. Because everyone can look like a world beater until they don't anymore

What if Volkan finish Rakic?

Aleksandar Rakic is the chosen one.

At this point after the walker debacle, i will remain unconvinced of rakic legitimacy even with a win over volkan and corey, untip the man actually threatens jon jones. Because everyone can look like a world beater until they don't anymore
I respect that stance but there are a little small differences between the 2 situations . Alot of people are not aware that Walker had been ko ed and subbed within past 3 or 4 years.This guy is looking the role but - still- let's see volcan fight but he hasnt lost a fight ( I think his only loss) since he was like 19ish. Hes 27 now so if he has impressive win - let's see what we have.
Were pushing 2020 and supposed crown jewel divisions in UFC ( heavier divisions- mw-lhw-heavy) aren't so " crown jewel ".
There is a reason for it ( at least, I believe) and I won't go into it cause "most "sherdoggers dont own the mental capacity to understand.

Dana is a sextillionaire and enjoys his position but can give 2 shits when or if ride ends. UFC is mmas top promotion and will continue but I see regression on the horizon.

To clarify, are you saying the UFC shouldn't prioritize giving title shots to fighters who win via domination or exciting finish?

To clarify, I agree with fighters getting TS’s due to the fact they win via domination or exciting finish. The snoozers can stockpile the wins up for all i care.

Back