Reaction score
- Olympics gold medallist
- he improved tremendiuosly
- three divison champ
- beat legit P4P killers

case closed.

Last edited:
It is hard to call someone the goat unless he has fought at LHW/HW

It is a whole different game when you have 220 + lbs men punching you in the face

Just keeping it real

Was pulling for Cejudo against Mighty Mouse both times but I think he should've lost the 2nd fight. Was honestly glad that he got the decision, though

He can get there for sure. Those two wins in MM and TJ are both huge wins plus some other good wins.

- three divison champ
- beat legit P4P killers

case closed.

Olympics have nothing to do with MMA. So your first point gets tossed out of the window immediately.

If improving "tremendously" is a point for GOAT consideration, many people meet the same requirement. It all depends on where you begin. Greg Hardy was a complete noob but he just survived a fight with a top 10 ranker with one broken hand. Does this mean he is GOAT? No.

Ditto for beat legit P4P killers. At one point Ronda Rousey is close to the top of the P4P rankings. Does this mean Holly is the GOAT for beating her? No.

The only point that is relevant is the double champ portion. But Cejudo is not the first, nor the most impressive double champ.

Case closed.

- three divison champ
- beat legit P4P killers

case closed.
He won't even win Fighter of the Year...He probably should though but Israel likely wins it. Who cares He had an amazing year and he has enough accolades.

He can get there for sure. Those two wins in MM and TJ are both huge wins plus some other good wins.
Add Moraes as well. He was in great form coming into that fight. Cejudo should stop with the Flyweight cut and try to clean out BW. BW champs get much more respect.

Add Moraes as well. He was in great form coming into that fight. Cejudo should stop with the Flyweight cut and try to clean out BW. BW champs get much more respect.
Yeah Moraes is a very good win, I just didn't count it as a huge win since MM and TJ can both be considered GOAT's of their weight classes so they are in another league as far as wins go. But yeah Cejudo is racking up an insane resume.

If we're talking about who the MMA goat is rather than just the combat sports goat then the fact he was an olympic wrestler isn't so relevant. While it's impressive that he's improved, when we're talking about who the goat is then someone who's been dominant their whole career would qualify more.

Also we shouldn't forget that the last fight with DJ was close, pretty sure I had Mighty Mouse winning after seeing it. He's in his early 30s so he could still do something crazy to cement his position but I think there's too many other contenders for that title.

Masvidal would knock cejudo out with a normal step in knee, wouldn’t even need to go flying because cejudo is so smoll.

Just in the same division, Mighty Mouse has 11 defenses.
also MM Koed Cejudo and I even had the decision for MM in the second fight.

He barely beat (split decisioned) a guy that sherdog ranks #9 in their p4p list.

It's hard to call him that when he was gifted his first UFC title.

Back