Maycee Barber vs Roxanne Modafferi UFC 245. Why?

Maycee Barber vs. Roxanne Modafferi

• Total voters

marksmen

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Aren't they trying to push her forward? I mean I know Roxy is a vet and ranked, but she is the least technical striker I have seen in MMA. I don't know how she is still in the UFC TBH.

Seems like UFC just want Maycee in the rankings and hoping she steam rolls her for some more hype.

She won't become the youngest Champ taking fights like this. Thoughts?

She needs to build her record up and Roxanne couldnt hurt a fly to save her life.
I predict violence and blood.

Roxanne Modafferi is known to the old head mma fans. She's been fighting around the world for a long time. Like a female bas rutten.

Aren't they trying to push her forward? I mean I know Roxy is a vet and ranked, but she is the least technical striker I have seen in MMA. I don't know how she is still in the UFC TBH.

Seems like UFC just want Maycee in the rankings and hoping she steam rolls her for some more hype.

She won't become the youngest Champ taking fights like this. Thoughts?
Maycee will finish her in brutal fashion.

Because she only looks good against sub-par competition. I hope Roxanne submits her in round 1.

There is a whole thread about this fight.

I mean I know Roxy is a vet and ranked, but she is the least technical striker I have seen in MMA.

Cindy Dandois disagrees with your statement regarding Roxy's striking.

TS got it wrong, it was announced for UFC 246, not 245.

Besides that's not a terrible fight tbh, Barber's violent and fun to watch and Roxanne is tough.

My bad. Had 245 on the mind.

So you haven't seen Ben Askren or Cindy Dandois? Roxy is not a good striker, but definitely not the worst in the UFC by any metric.

Also, she's still in the UFC because she defeated the previously unbeaten Antonina Shevchenko and she stopped the former champion Barb Honchack. Good enough to be top 10 in her division.

Roxanne Modafferi is known to the old head mma fans. She's been fighting around the world for a long time. Like a female bas rutten.

source.gif

Don't count Roxy out of this one. She's improved a TON over the last few years and we saw her stop one hype train with Valentina's sister.

This is a very dangerous fight to put a very young prospect in, whether you guys realize it or not.

Maycee destroys her then takes her boyfriend

Doesn't really help the arguments of those who obsess over who they think the UFC is handing out wins to does it?

Bacause nobody else wants that fight!!

damn shes there to put her over 8(

thats what pvz was for damn it. now i gotta hope roxxy upsets the powers that be.

Back