I'm confused... Are people excited about Usman vs Colby?

marksmen

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I know I am. People have been hyping this fight for time and now all I see is threads a people saying it's gonna be boring and it's a guarenteed decision. One guy said he will go to bed after co-main.

This is a grudge match and both guys wanna hurt each other. I think even if this goes to a decision, it'll be a good fight and one I'm looking forward to.

Who is excited about the fight? Thoughts?

I want to see two high level wrestlers go at it. As for the drama, it seems very gay and I don’t care for Colby’s antics.

A month away, i dont get hyped so far out because there's a good chance it never happens

Gonna be watching with my I Love Africa shirt and MAGA hat on

One guy said he will go to bed after co-main.

I don't get this thought process at all. Even if it's not going to be the most exciting fight, it is still going to be a very high level MMA match, for a very competitive title. How can you not at least be interested in how this matchup plays out?
I'm not a fan of either guy but it's an interesting clash between similar style fighters and we'll see who can get their game going.

I also have this strange hunch that for some reason this is going to be a barnburner.

I like the fight I thought it was one of the more anticipated matches that a lot of posters here wanted to see .
Personally I can't wait to see who wins this

Colby is like the diet soda version of Chael Sonnen. The off-brand stuff you buy at the market that only makes you miss the original even more.

I know I am. People have been hyping this fight for time and now all I see is threads a people saying it's gonna be boring and it's a guarenteed decision. One guy said he will go to bed after co-main.

This is a grudge match and both guys wanna hurt each other. I think even if this goes to a decision, it'll be a good fight and one I'm looking forward to.

The only people who aren't looking forward to this fight are alt right Colby fanboi/ Trumptard / MAGA incels, because they know exactly what's going to happen in that octagon. There's a reason why Colby ducked Usman for so long, and you're about to find out why. We may literally see the first UFC octagon death.

Last edited:

I'm definitely glad one of them will be many fights removed from the title. If worst case scenario happens and usman beats the crap out of colby and then pops for epo, the division is going to be on a major hiatus

I don't get this thought process at all. Even if it's not going to be the most exciting fight, it is still going to be a very high level MMA match, for a very competitive title. How can you not at least be interested in how this matchup plays out?
I'm not a fan of either guy but it's an interesting clash between similar style fighters and we'll see who can get their game going.

I also have this strange hunch that for some reason this is going to be a barnburner.
Agreed. This reminds me of Edgar-Maynard 2. Virtually everyone anticipated a slow grind, only to witness one of the craziest fucking wars in MMA history.

Its interesting because of the rivalry. I haven't personally enjoyed any Usman fight though, he just can't finish and once you seen one Usman fight you have seen them all. All his fights are on loop, just against a different face.

The rivalry makes it a bit more interesting, but then again they will probably hug 5,000 times and high five and whisper sweet nothings into eachothers ears as soon as the end of 5th round sounds. Nothing wrong with that though because respect always triumphs over hatred in MMA most of the time.

I am looking forward to having a real champ at 170.

Snoozeman ain't it. Colby could be.

Usman will milk the title for all it is worth and fight as few times as possible. Colby will pick fights and actually show up for them.

Any champ not defending at least 2 or 3 times a year doesnt deserve the belt.

I’m excited to see Colby take a beating but not excited enough to pay to watch it.......I feel that’s how a lot of people feelings on the fight

I expect a boring 5 round fight, but still very exited..its all about who got the better wrestling and cardio

I am not interested in that fight one bit. Although I wouldnt be too sad to see Colby be put to bed, I mean, to sleep.

Back