I can’t See Nate Diaz beating some of the guys that Nick has beaten

Garnet_StrongerThanYou

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Paul Daley is just as explosive as Masvidal I would say who was lightning up Nate.

Robbie Lawler in my opinion would mop the floor with Nate in all respects.

BJ Penn was still dangerous when Nick fought him, he just wrestled Fitch to a draw.

Gleison Tibau was a lightweight beast in his prime who Nick TKOd in round 1. Nick put away a guy who fought Khabib to a standstill.

Nate definitely made more money but Nick is the superior Diaz brother.

All bigger guys
(and BJ was at WW)

Good post but you didn’t point that out.
Daley, Tibau, Lawler (fought at MW)

Nate isn’t as equipped as Nick to deal with size

Right now Masvidal can beat both Diaz bros in one night back to back,Diaz bros are just a very good example of how weed ruins lifes

I could see some of the guys Nate has lost to giving Nick fits. DHK, Rory, Benson and RDA would probably beat Nick as well.

Nicks always been the bigger, better brother.

Question is how all this time off has changed that

Wrong sport to take 5 years off, gsp probably the only exception.
He used to say he only wanted big names or title fights, he'd probably cherry pick older big name guys. Any top contender would hurt him, badly.

The bigger skilled guy is better than the smaller skilled guy

Daley and lawler are absolutely more powerful and athletic than masvidal, also bigger i think, nick in his prime was a real champ end of the story.

Right now Masvidal can beat both Diaz bros in one night back to back,Diaz bros are just a very good example of how weed ruins lifes
Nick was fine before he started drinking thanks to Ronda Rousey, alcohol is way worse.

So you're saying a career lightweight who only fights at 170 because he got tired of cutting weight would have trouble dealing with larger guys who cut to 170 and could be competitive at 185?

I've lost alot of friends to weed O.D.

It's no joke.

Nate is better. He was easily the more legit ufc contender, and generally hung around with the tougher opposition more than Nick. I mean Nick's Strikeforce run was awesome, but a lot of those fights were more exhibition than elite.

You putting the blame just on weed? buddeh pls

Nick has a bigger frame and more experience than Nate . He’s the older brother. Is what it is

All bigger guys
(and BJ was at WW)

Good post but you didn’t point that out.
Daley, Tibau, Lawler (fought at MW)

Nate isn’t as equipped as Nick to deal with size

I just had a discussion with my buddy about this. Nate surpassed Nick skill wise but Nick just has that little extra power that makes a difference Nate just doesn't have. I think it was Lawler actually who said he hated fighting Nick because he would land 3 medium shots and hide power punches in there and it sucked. They both fight almost the same. Nick has a little more power, Nate has a little more technical ability. I would love to see video of them sparring. Has to have happened at some point.

id be willing to bet that with out using weed they would be in a much worse place right now. they aren't complete idiots. most people use things like pain killers, steroids, alcohol. those things can change someone for the worse especially if abused. weed just lets them to continue doing their thing.
people ruin their own lives weed is not to blame.

both nick and nate have been praised by other elite combat athletes for their technical skills from jiujitsu to boxing to all around mma. adesanya smokes weed and that dues brain works pretty damn well.

there is a much bigger picture to the diaz brothers and their personality. people who are spoon fed their whole life and never have to deal with real issues would never understand them. To me they aren't the most articulate but they have a different kind of intelligence and the issues they have with the world around them are relatable.

Nate is better. He was easily the more legit ufc contender, and generally hung around with the tougher opposition more than Nick. I mean Nick's Strikeforce run was awesome, but a lot of those fights were more exhibition than elite.

on paper in every aspect of fighting nick is always ahead of nate and always has been. hes been doing it longer and showed nate everything he knows. Nate would admit to this immediately. he has tons of respect for nick. nate might have made more money but a lot of that has to do with nick literally getting fucked and they made an example out of him. He failed for barely being over if he was at all i dont remember and after that they legit would not stop coming after him until they were able to ban him for 5 fucking years over weed.

nick since his suspension has lifted has had plenty of opportunity to catch up with nate. the fans are drawn to either of them except id think nick could have more pull. The thing is nick is older now , hes bitter and doesn't trust the system, life and maturing has been hard on him and you can see that very clearly in his recent interview. dude had to drink all week just to keep him self calm after his brother got kicked in the face. was talking about how it was a struggle and made him uncomfortable to control him self because the security was much higher at the event than he was used to. nick is mad at the fucking world. understandable. he wouldn't have even showed if it wasnt for nate and his recent campaign to get his brother back in action.

not to mention how nick has gotten fucked by other things in his life since his suspension.

i just hope hes still okay enough to earn some of the money he deserves. If he can win won fight now he made it. if he can even show up he made it. nick is the master diaz and nate is just a soldier in the army.

Back