So I was pondering how an NBA guy would do in the UFC. Just watched the top 10 NBA fights.

frye666

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
One guy nearly threw a punch in the top fight.
Football is pretty rugged by it ain't fighting.
Hockey and Rugby are a bit closer.
This is an NHL team climbing into the crowd to beat up the spectators.
throwback-thursday-the-shoe-brawl-1450905376.png

If you grew up in Canada you would understand.
NBA guys are huge and skilled, but I do NOT see fighting as a thing for any one of them.

NBA guys are huge and skilled, but I do NOT see fighting as a thing for any one of them.
There more like pushes than fights

They're trained in a different sport

In before repressed Americans who traded basketball cards as kids and were told by random American news that NBA were the best athletes on Earth because they are tall and get paid a lot. Some A level illusion shattering for those people to actually watch an untrained NBA guy "fight"

In before repressed Americans who traded basketball cards as kids and were told by random American news that NBA were the best athletes on Earth because they are tall and get paid a lot. Some A level illusion shattering for those people to actually watch an untrained NBA guy "fight"
The hurt of your ass is real.
soccer-flop-neymar.jpg

Depends if they are given the CM Punk treatment or not. With proper training, i can see an NBA player competing in the regional circuit, but not in the UFC. People that have been training their entire lives still arent at the level to compete in the UFC It also would depend on the weight class. HW would be interesting and the long reach could help. If a player did want to transition, they should go to Greg Jackson. He has experience training Jon Jones to strike and has a good mind in developing game plans for his fighters strengths.

Hockey players fight like high school girls. Pulling clothes and only throwing with one hand and what makes it worse is the dummy who knows you can only throw rights is still blocking all of them with his face.

Rugby players seem to be the highest suited for having a professional fighting career.

UFC.
Alexander Volkanofski. Former lower grade rugby forward. 215lbs
Robert Whittaker. Took up mma training for off-season fitness for rugby.
Tao Tuivasa - former u/20's forward. Took up mma in off season training.
Honourable mention Jake Mathews more afl than rugby. But once again off season fitness got him into it.

Nrl players to go pro boxing ( nrl being Australia's national rugby league competition )

Anthony Mundine (47-7)
Solomon Haumono (24-3-2)
Billy Johnstone (21-6)
Joey Williams (12-3-1)
John Hopoate (12-5)
Monty Betham Jr (8-1)
Sonny Bill Williams (7-0)
Jason Williams (6-2)
Paul Gallen ( 9-0 )

Hopefully more will start to choose mma.

Why would they be able to fight? They are untrained. No fucking shit they can't fight. They physically have a FAR better starting base than most MMA fighters. Lebron James body with a top level MMA fighters skills would be the GOAT. They just haven't trained

lmaooo, they get paid hundreds of millions of dollars while ufc fighters get cte for peanuts and Reebok discount coupons.

they are not fighters and never have to. that is for nfl dropouts AND other guys who cant cut it in their respective sports.

never forget an nfl flunkee knocked out cro cop a heavyweight GOAT.

love how upset sherdoggers get at nba players, so salty<45><45><45>

Rugby players I always thought could do well and have decent takedowns . Hockey players are little bitches to me. Hockey fights are the epitome of stupidity. Hold jerseys and throw haymakers at each other’s heads. That’s not a fight and shouldn’t even be a part of the sport. Are the jealous of the football cte numbers or something ?

Why would they be able to fight? They are untrained. No fucking shit they can't fight. They physically have a FAR better starting base than most MMA fighters. Lebron James body with a top level MMA fighters skills would be the GOAT. They just haven't trained
There have been a million threads saying they could excel if they trained X months blahblah. That's what I'm referring to.

You concede they can't fight BUT then say they have "a FAR better starting base" lol. What base is that... basketball is better as a combat base than boxing/wrestling/sambo/BJJ/muay thai? Or are you saying that being tall is a base? Try to justify that ridiculous comment because I don't know where you're coming from there.

Lol I bet most ufc fighters would switch places with an nba player in a heartbeat

Back