Luke Rockhold to compete at Polaris 12

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/11...ppling-skills-vs-nick-rodriguez-at-polaris-12

MMA Fighting’s Damon Martin confirmed with UFC officials that the former champion is set to compete at Polaris 12 against up-and-comer Nick Rodriguez in a grappling match on Nov. 30 at an event in Newport, Wales, that will air on UFC Fight Pass.

Rockhold is the owner of a black belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu and has won International Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Federation gold medals in lower belt ranks. He put his competitive grappling career on pause when he made his pro MMA debut in 2007.

Rodriguez is relatively new to the competitive BJJ scene, but has already made major waves with a runner-up finish at ADCC 2019 in the +99-kilogram division. The former high school wrestling standout has received tutelage from the likes of grappling luminaries Renzo Gracie, John Danaher, and Gordon Ryan.

------------

I say he will still get KOed somehow either way, even in strikeless competition
<DirkMavs>

He will find a way to go out cold.
jan-blachowicz-luke-rockhold-ufc-239-10.jpg

He should use his good looks to seduce his opponent and submit him with a triangle while his nether regions are slightly rubbing against his opponent's mouth

Are slams allowed in Polaris?
Luke getting KO by a slam conifmred.

We'll have to see if Luke's leg lock game is up to snuff going against a DDS guy.

People will shit on Rocksalt but his grappling is top notch and I'm definitely gonna tune on for that.

Luke will get knocked out cold somehow.

Hopefully they actually grapple and Rodriguez doesn't just stall him out.

I think hitting the grappling circuit is perfect for Luke and plenty of other mma fighters should make that transition.

Rodriguez is still a wrestler at heart, but has added the DDS back system to his game. He just came second at adcc by scrambling and chasing the back against top level sub grapplers. I don’t know what Luke is thinking after so long out of the sport.

If you haven’t got the chance yet watch his highlights. He is the guy who managed to make most of his opponents get covered in blood from grappling exchanges due to physicality.

There is actually a chance if any grappler was going to “accidentally” knock him out in a match it would be Rodriguez.
This won’t be a fancy, technical grappling match. This will be a scramble heavy “war” as far as grappling goes.

For the folks that don't know who Nick Rodriguez is you better take a notice. He has been training less than two years. Nick is a psychical specimen (absolutely A level athlete) He won silver medal at this year's ADCC. He beat Cyborg Abreu, Mahamed Aly and Orlando Sanchez in the process. There are crazy stories about him for example how he submitted black belts after 9 months of training. And he is not even an elite wrestler. Rockhold's will have his hands full here. I think Nick fucks him up tbh.

Lmao fuck everyone had the joke ready that hed get KOd here too

I don’t know what Luke is thinking after so long out of the sport.

Typical Rockhold. I'm sure he has not even heard about Nick Rodriguez and thinks this is going to be a walk in the park. Nick will ragdoll him.

For the folks that don't know who Nick Rodriguez is you better take a notice. He has been training less than two years. Nick is a psychical specimen (absolutely A level athlete) He won silver medal at this year's ADCC. He beat Cyborg Abreu, Mahamed Aly and Orlando Sanchez in the process. There are crazy stories about him for example how he submitted black belts after 9 months of training. And he is not even an elite wrestler. Rockhold's will have his hands full here. I think Nick fucks him up tbh.

I don't think UFC fans need to take notice, if he decided to try MMA then USADA would need to take notice.

Back