How obvious is it that Chael's Badguy YT is bought and paid for by the UFC???

Pugilism

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I LOVE the "show," but I have noticed that EVERYTHING he says is in line with what the UFC wants aka he tows the line. The other day someone asked if the Mas Covington sitch was a work and by now you already expect him to say that it isn't. Now im not saying it is, but he ALWAYS seems to have their back. Just recently he was saying that the only reason the BMF was a let down was because it was just such a great night of fights. If ppl say that Conor or Twood(who I generally like) are ducking, "no these guys would NEVER DUCK, they have earned the opportunity to cherry pick."

There are more examples, but he ALWAYS seems to put the UFC and the fighters in the best possible light, under the guise of being an impartial fan/commentator. Again, I really like the uploads but has anyone else noticed this??? Seems like he was doing it on his own and they picked him up, gave him some cushy digs suddenly(no more posts from his truck on the way to practice), and funded him. Of course he talks about other orgs every once and awhile so its not blatantly obvious.lol

He does get checks from ESPN(ariel & the bad guy + broadcasting). Aside from that not much to it.

What you described is much more due to him shilling for his fighter friends than the UFC itself

Agreed. I notice little things all the time. Listen to his video video about the next for Izzy. Doesnt even mention Cannonier and keeps brining up Till

Or maybe you dont like his opinions and need a reason as to why his dont match up to yours?
People ARE entitled to their own opinions you know.

Chael is as loyal as they come, I don't think thats costing Dana and co. A single dime. It's an honorable character trait, its to be commended.

Mr Sonnen has come a long way, give the guy a break!

chael_sonnen_real_estate_commercial_lolmma_display_image.jpg

He has always commented in alignment with UFC

You are being presumptuous

the channel is pretty low budget so I'm not sure why the UFC would have to pay for it...

the podcast is just chael practicing being a promoter

I dunno. I've never really gotten the impression that Chael is saying things JUST because the UFC is following that line of thinking. I think it just so happens that Chael tends to agree with the UFC's choices regarding its fighters. Working closely with the decision makers and fighters of an organization will inevitably make you more sympathetic to their thinking, nothing sinister about that.

Also McGregor and Woodley have earned the right to cherry pick. I know most MMA fans refuse to understand this, but there's more to being a successful fighter than just winning fights. McGregor has such a big personality and following that people will tune in to watch any fight he has. That kind of guaranteed success means he, yes, does get to pick who he fights (besides Khabib, but he already had a go at him so whatever).

TWood is the former welterweight champ with 4 successful title defenses. That kind of prestige makes him a valuable target for anyone in the Top 10. As such he gets a pretty big say in who gets the rub. The current situation has boxed him into likely fighting Edwards even if he doesn't want to, but he originally got to cherry pick Lawler and no one had a problem with that. He had to pull out and lost his leverage between then and now. Happens sometimes.

Those are not just UFC opinions. They're reasonable ones.

He's a color commentator who knows how bread is buttered and where that butter comes from.

Don't get mad. Just acknowledge that he has bias, take in what he says, balance it against the bias, and make your own conclusions. Believe it or not, that's what people used to do in this country with multiple news sources, each with a slightly different bias or bent. They might read 2 different papers (one leaning left, one leaning right), listen to the radio (lean right) and watch the news (leaning left) and from all these sources from slightly different perspectives, come to their own conclusion.

Now most people just silo themselves and their feeds by only getting info they only already agree with. They and we all are less informed and dumber because of this trend.

The older way was better.

He just finds it really difficult not to be bias and criticise people he likes personally, but people he dislikes like jones he has no issue with criticizing. He also tries way too hard to sound really smart and acts like he knows stuff that no one else does. Like he actually tries to make the argument that askrens ufc career has been a success and that Whitaker did good against adesanya

The weirdest thing about his channel was that it had like 150k subscribers super early and barely any views. Wouldn't be surprised if there are som fookery with bought subscribers

He's a ufc mouthpiece He will support anything from good ass ideas like edwards woodley or finding adesanya a replacement for costa to downright dogshit ideas like that fake ass WWE belt, or that fake ass money belt boxing match, to that bullshit 229 rematch, to outing Corey Anderson down for speaking out. He's a shill. Worse than Ariel but like @Mr.Maelstrom said I don't think Dana pays him. Imo just think chael is enough of a moron to suck up to the UFC like that.

He does get checks from ESPN(ariel & the bad guy + broadcasting). Aside from that not much to it.

What you described is much more due to him shilling for his fighter friends than the UFC itself
I feel what your saying, but a few more examples:

*He says this is the best time to be watching MMA aka the UFC in History which it clearly is not.

*He says that Meltzer has NO IDEA of the numbers the shows do., BUT they do way better than he estimates.

*He says that there hasn't been a steep decline in viewership its just the Platform change when an IDIOT who has been following for some time can see that interest and ratings HAVE to be way down. You can hardly find PPVS in a Bar
anymore whe you used to have to fight to get in them on fight nights because they were packed with both casuals and die hards.

Thats just a few, but it DEFINITELY goes further than just shilling his Homies, Fam.

No idea if there is an official relationship, but fuck Chael. Totally corrupt whore during his fighting career and nothing has changed since.

Agreed. I notice little things all the time. Listen to his video video about the next for Izzy. Doesnt even mention Cannonier and keeps brining up Till
Ok, you too huh??? Its It's not even like you look for them, they just pop up and are SO OBVIOUS it's like, "Chael, you haven't changed a bit, you slick mofo."rofl

I can't HELP but notice it.

Or maybe you dont like his opinions and need a reason as to why his dont match up to yours?
People ARE entitled to their own opinions you know.
Ok, so assessing a situation is NOT your strong suit, eh???roflmao

When TF did I say that he is not entitled to his own opinion? To the CONTRARY, I was asking and pointing out that his "opinions" are never contrary to the narrative that the UFC would want or is trying to paint.

Chael is one of my very favorite MMA Personalities and as I said I reallt enjoy the posts, HOWEVER knowing him, Dana, the UFC, and how the operate it would not surprise me if he was a paid shill. OBVIOUSLY I am not the only 1 who has ascertained this. Now run along lil Buddy, we see you are not well versed in the art of CRITICALLY THINKING.
<seedat><Dylan><Dylan>

Chael is as loyal as they come, I don't think thats costing Dana and co. A single dime. It's an honorable character trait, its to be commended.

You know, you could be VERY WELL correct about this, Sir.<TheWire1><TheWire1>

Super obvious. Chael says stuff he believes 0%

Back