fighters you would have loved to see more of, in the ufc

R3DV1P3Rx28

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Referring to awesome fighters who weren't very well known, and weren't able to shine in the UFC, the way they could have.
For me I have two.
Cyrille Diabate. He could have been the best striker in the ufc and was so great to watch, in fight a where his opponents didn't wrestlefuck him. Felt like we missed out on some spectacular performances had the ufc matched him up with other great strikers.
Tony Sims. He looked so good on the feet and seemed to be very competent in grappling as well. I feel like he got really unlucky against Abel Trujillo, then got a horrible matchup in Mercier and that was that. Feel like he couldve given the UFC some awesome fights had he continued to fight.I believe he had serious potential.

Last edited:
Nick Diaz

I always wonder how 2011/13 Nick would have done against guys like Rory, Maia, and Hendricks during that time period.

I think if Paul Daley hadn't hit Koscheck after the bell he'd still be on the UFC roster now.

From quite awhile ago, a guy that I always thought had huge potential but walked away after only 8 pro fights was The Soul Assassin, David Terrell.

From quite awhile ago, a guy that I always thought had huge potential but walked away after only 8 pro fights was The Soul Assassin, David Terrell.

Looked like the business when he smashed Matt Lindland.

Oh and another one is TJ Grant, who unfortunately had to retire right at the absolute peak of his career.

Paul Daley
TJ Grant
I'd genuinely have liked to have seen Askren a few years ago
Hendo aswell, I know he came back and there wasn't many people he didn't fight out there but I wish he hadn't gone Strikeforce and stuck with the UFC for selfish reasons.
Ricardo Arona

I fervently wish Eddie Yagin had fought more than twice. Would also have preferred the middle of Jamie Varner's and Josh Barnett's careers had unfolded in the octagon, that T.J. Grant had endured longer and that Mousasi had come to terms with the UFC.
On the other hand, I wouldn't miss Andrei Arlovski too much if he had moved to Bellator a couple of years ago.

I oddly always enjoyed KJ Noons.
dude that's not odd at all, even sometimes still ill watch his fights. He was such a slick mofo. Would have loved to see him more in the ufc against more strikers. He Woulve been very nasty if he diversified his attack, at least enough to open up his boxing more. He barely ever used kicks, and its awesome to think of what he Would've done to fighters with his hands if he got them thinking about tds, that is, if he trained his offensive wrestling more.

I wouldn't have minded watching Machida lose a few more times in the UFC.

Nick Diaz

I always wonder how 2011/13 Nick would have done against guys like Rory, Maia, and Hendricks during that time period.
Nick would be 0-3 but instead he was 1-2 (win over the BJ who the likes of Dennis Siver and clubgoers have wins over too)

Fact: Nick was never that good

His best wins are the likes of Paul Daley, KJ Noons and an old but respectable Frank Shamrock, decent to good wins but a bit or a lot overrated.

Nick would be 0-3 but instead he was 1-2 (win over the BJ who the likes of Dennis Siver and clubgoers have wins over too)

Fact: Nick was never that good

His best wins are the likes of Paul Daley, KJ Noons and an old but respectable Frank Shamrock, decent to good wins but a bit or a lot overrated.

Nick KO'd Robbie, which is his best win.

Back