Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
1. Aldo always struggled to make 145lbs
Aldo-reaction.gif

2. Aldo always blamed his cardio issues on his weight cut to 145lbs
3. Moving down in weight is famously known for dissolving iron chins
OffbeatExhaustedGharial-size_restricted.gif

4. Aldo isn’t as fast as he used to be based off his last 3 fights, and that’s compared to fairly slow FW’s(Volk, Stephens, Moicano)
TerribleFatherlyAztecant-size_restricted.gif

5. Moving down in weight is famously known for dissolving punching power, something Aldo relies on to scare off his opponents
giphy.gif

This is coming from a HUGE Aldo fan. I’m worried for how this will affect his career going forward.
<mma3><DCrying>

Last edited:
The first point is enough , This is a dumb decision imo.
And im a big Jose Aldo fan as well , I think he would handily beat Marlon at 145 but at 135 even if he does make the weight i dont think he is gonna be the same.

Aldo s last chance in UFC is moving down to 135,thats all...

Another huge reason: Aldo was made to move down due to being a manlet at 145 compared to 5'9" Conor and 5'10" 68" reach Max. Conor and Max are manlets at 145 now to 6'1" Zabit and 5'11 71" reach Kattar.

Aldo was a manmore then a manlet. Those previous manmore are now manlets too.

He's moving to 135. Who are going to be the new manmore at 135? Guys the size of Conor and Max will be the new manmores at 135. And Aldo will just be a manlet all over again.

Five rounds is a good enough reason not to. Guy barely makes FW, imagine him trying to fight 25 minutes after that cut.

Huge Aldo fan and I agree 100%, also he is fighting a guy who is one fight removed from the TS.

I know he's the FW GOAT but they could have at least eased him into a foreign division somewhat.

Aldo should retire or go to a lesser org.

I hope Aldo doesn’t end up as a bum who fans beg to retire. Let’s see how he does vs Marlon. Aldo is possibly the best fighter ever in terms of skills.

When will the second part of his biopic come out ?
Who has seen the first movie ?
191113033755607135.jpg

Honestly not worried about his speed or power at 135, i'm just worried about chin. He's a way better fighter than Marlon even now, but Marlon is a hard hitter at 135. Would've rather he fought Aljo or even Yan. No stopping it now tho, we'll see how it goes.

While not knowing Aldo personally. I am more than aware that he has, in the past, had trouble getting to 145. From what I can work pout, he needs a PERFECT camp in order to make it. Any injury or illness that keeps him from training and possibly getting the weight off, pretty much ends the fight.

I hope he has the issues sorted and his weight cut is uneventful.

ditto to what everyone said. wouldn't be surprised if he gets and infection or injury due to depleting his body so much

Only one reason needed

He could literally die on the fucking scale

Two reasons to move down

1. Holloway
2. That rugby guy

Aldo isn't a big guy at all, so 135 will not be a problem as long as he loses a bit of mass before he has to cut. There are probably guys his same height + frame size fighting at 125 right now, they're just carrying less muscle mass than he is.

Back