Cruz vs Edgar/Aldo if it happens

J

Jpenwell14

Mods please add a poll.

If both guys are 100% who wins the manlet goat fights?

Extremely intriguing match ups. Please discuss. 5 rounds

With edgar i have cruz by decision. It would be extremely difficult for edgar to land a takedown, or get the clinch against the cage where he has a distinct advantage. As for the striking frankie's high work rate is extremely impresssive however i would forsee him hitting air alot.

With aldo it's basically a question of how diminished aldo is by the weight cut. At full strength his leg kicks and sprawl could really effect and limit Cruz's game. I do think cruz out boxes him and has significantly superior volume. If i had to pick i would guess cruz ekes out a win but goes home in a wheel chair never to fight again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cruz would school them at 135.
Big Jose Aldo fan , But i dont see him making 135 and even if he does that will take a lot out of him. Cruz schools a gassed Aldo for 5 rounds.

If Cruz wasn't the mini version of Cain , with all his injuries , I would say him....but Edgar or Aldo would beat him now

Stop. Huge Cruz fan. He should never fight again.

Like in an old school WWF handicap match, 2 on 1 style?

Cruz would school them at 135.
Big Jose Aldo fan , But i dont see him making 135 and even if he does that will take a lot out of him. Cruz schools a gassed Aldo for 5 rounds.

He's fighting at 135 at ufc 245 so it will be interesting to see

He's fighting at 135 at ufc 245 so it will be interesting to see
Yes i know.
I dont think that will be good for him long-term , I hope he can make it though without doing harm to himself.

Aldo's gonna be the living death at 135 so I won't pick him over many people until he proves otherwise.

Stop. Huge Cruz fan. He should never fight again.

Me too but i think the call of edgar for a come back fight might be too much to resist, and of course cejudo. I worry about permanent injury with aldo though.

Truly one of the greatest ever at any sport. Was sad to see him plodding along in the 3rd and 4th rounds against cody, a fight that contrary to popular belief i think he would've won if his knees weren't completely gone.

Yes i know.
I dont think that will be good for him long-term , I hope he can make it though without doing harm to himself.

I expect it to be a train wreck also. First fight against the last number 1 contender, plus a horrible weight cut. It could be ugly

Cruz loses both fights badly. Edgar 50-45. Depleted-138 lbs-Aldo finishes him in 2.

Aldo batting health issues from cut knocks Cruz out and actually finishes someone

Aldo and Frankie type fighters are the reason Cruz stayed at 135. And yes Cruz has had plenty of fights at 145.

Cruz could give it one last go he went went back & forth with a strong 135lb EPO'd up TJ after a long lay off. He's injury prone but not took much in cage damage. In the Faber 3 & Cody fight he was the aggresor pressure fighter so maybe he can't use his lateral movement as much now due to his runners foot syndrome.

Always thought he'd beat Edgar, where as Aldo it depends if Aldo used his leg kicks

Cruise vs Edgar. On one of them shitty overseas 3am app fight cards. So there's nothing really missed and he's gone for another 3 years after. And Edgar cries for title shot even if he loses.

Mods please add a poll.

If both guys are 100% who wins the manlet goat fights?

Extremely intriguing match ups. Please discuss. 5 rounds

With edgar i have cruz by decision. It would be extremely difficult for edgar to land a takedown, or get the clinch against the cage where he has a distinct advantage. As for the striking frankie's high work rate is extremely impresssive however i would forsee him hitting air alot.

With aldo it's basically a question of how diminished aldo is by the weight cut. At full strength his leg kicks and sprawl could really effect and limit Cruz's game. I do think cruz out boxes him and has significantly superior volume. If i had to pick i would guess cruz ekes out a win but goes home in a wheel chair never to fight again.

aldo pretty much abandoned his leg kicks long ago...he tried a few of them against max..but he doesn't use them nearly what he once did...i think cause of aldo's limited cardio, the kicking takes more energy out of you...which is why he's mostly a boxer now...

aldo pretty much abandoned his leg kicks long ago...he tried a few of them against max..but he doesn't use them nearly what he once did...i think cause of aldo's limited cardio, the kicking takes more energy out of you...which is why he's mostly a boxer now...

I think if he doesn't throw leg kicks against cruz he gets out cardioed and smoked

Back