So many fight opportunities for Masvidal right now, which would you rather see happen?

GSP Rush

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok forget the whole what will and won't happen because you can argue that for days and when push comes to shove none of us know so NOT from the perspective of what you think will happen but from the perspective of what you would LIKE to see happen.

Some of the options that come to mind I hear spoke about is the Nick Diaz thing, Conor McGregor wanting a crack at this BMF, the rematch with Nate, the winner of Colby and Usman for a title shot or Colby himself simply due to the shit between them right now and Jorge being adamant to get him even more so than he did Ben Askren. Of course to a lesser degree there's the Leon Edwards thing but that seems to have taken a back seat at the moment obviously.

There's probably more but those are the one's which are coming to mind for me at the moment.

For me personally I'd actually like to see Masvidal get the title shot to be honest, I think he's earned it so ideally I'd like to see him fight the winner of Colby and Usman to compete for the belt and see if he can finally win that. If it happens to be Colby then that would be a bonus because Jorge has some legit beef but if not I'd really like to see him challenge for a title now as opposed to all the other bullshit that's going around, you can get a little fed up of all that and I think he's earned the title shot which could be exciting.

However ideally which fight would you like to see Jorge take next?

Again, I will stress this cause I know there's always a small handful who don't listen and don't read so it's NOT what you think will or won't happen before you start arguing but which you would LIKE to see happen.

I look forward to hearing from you guys :)

Title shot, he deserves one at this point of his career and if he fought someone like Edwards, lost and never got the shot it'd be sad. Dude has put the miles in and is fighting better than ever, give him a shot at the gold.

Title shot, he deserves one at this point of his career and if he fought someone like Edwards, lost and never got the shot it'd be sad. Dude has put the miles in and is fighting better than ever, give him a shot at the gold.

I agree with this 100%.

I think with all the bullshit going round and everyone wanting a piece this could go on forever and Jorge could end up not getting a title shot if he keeps having to fight everyone who's wanting to jump in on him right now when the dude has really earned this title shot more than anyone else now.

I'd actually be quite excited to see him get this if it was to be announced more than anything, say if the winner of Colby and Usman is signed to a fight with Jorge for the next shot I think it would be exciting to see if he can get this.

I'd much rather that than anything else now be it Conor, the Diaz's etc... it's all getting boring and could go in forever.

I'd like to see him finally get that title shot now more than anything for sure :)

I actually don’t think he has a lot of options.

I see the winner of Colby/Usman as an option. If that fight isn’t great and a rematch is demanded (which may possibly happen)

a Leon Edwards fight.

what else?

I see the winner of Colby/Usman as an option. If that fight isn’t great and a rematch is demanded (which may possibly happen)

a Leon Edwards fight.

what else?

I don't see him taking the Edwards fight. It's either a title shot or the big money option of McGregor.

a Leon Edwards fight.

what else?

Oh he has, everyone wants a piece of him right now and is jumping on his name.

Those that I mentioned in the OP are some we hear about however like I say I'd just like to hear what people would like to see ideally out of all what's going around as opposed to what people feel will or won't happen as everyone just argues about that really and it's more to do with what you'd like to see if you get what I mean :)

As I say, I'd love to see him get the TS now to be honest, the BS around him and everyone trying to get on his vibe at the moment is getting boring, he deserves that shot I reckon :)

Oh he has, everyone wants a piece of him right now and is jumping on his name.

Those that I mentioned in the OP are some we hear about however like I say I'd just like to hear what people would like to see ideally out of all what's going around as opposed to what people feel will or won't happen as everyone just argues about that really and it's more to do with what you'd like to see if you get what I mean :)

As I say, I'd love to see him get the TS now to be honest, the BS around him and everyone trying to get on his vibe at the moment is getting boring, he deserves that shot I reckon :)
I just don’t see the Conor or Nick Diaz fight as even possible at this point. Maybe a Nate rematch, but that won’t be nearly as big as the first one.

and I think he’s gotta sign something quick too. Because this flame is gonna dim. And I’m not hating. It’s just how I see it to be honest.

I’d absolutely love a Conor fight to be made right now though. They can do it at 165 and start the weightclass.

I just don’t see the Conor or Nick Diaz fight as even possible at this point. Maybe a Nate rematch, but that won’t be nearly as big as the first one.

and I think he’s gotta sign something quick too. Because this flame is gonna dim. And I’m not hating. It’s just how I see it to be honest.

I’d absolutely love a Conor fight to be made right now though. They can do it at 165 and start the weightclass.

Doesn't sound like you're hating dude, it's just what you think.

I don't see those fights possible either but if they were I still wouldn't choose them, that's what I mean about ideally what you'd like regardless of possibilities, for me it'd still be the title shot.

The Nate rematch initially I was like "Yeah it's got to" but now I can take or leave it, if it happened to be announced I know I'd be really looking forward to it though I just feel personally seeing a fight signed with Jorge Masvidal going for the title shot would be quite exciting more so than all the other things we hear spoken about.

Nate fight would be great, Conor fight also would be great, Nick fight I'm not sure about, Leon would be good but not as exciting and Colby also would be really good because we know how much Jorge wants to get his hands on him however I just feel him having a shot at the title would be more exciting, specially as it got closer to the fight.

This is why if Colby happens to beat Usman on the 14th by any chance then I'd actually be quite cool with that as it would open up the opportunity for Masvidal to have the title shot and against Colby too which would be killing two birds with one stone and be well good.

But that's what I mean in regards to the possibilities kind of leave that behind and just what you'd like ideally regardless of that :)

Leon Edwards in a #1 contender fight

I would like to see this fight also, I think this fight will always be there though and I think Jorge has earned his title shot already so I'd like to see that first and then maybe this fight go ahead :)

Shitle tot. I'd like to see him fight Conor too honestly. He would whoop Nick's ass worse than Nate's but I'd watch.

I want to see him fight for the title and I want it to be against Colby rather than Usman. I just don't see Mas beating Usman and would love to see the shit talk between colby and jorge.

I want to see him fight for the title and I want it to be against Colby rather than Usman. I just don't see Mas beating Usman and would love to see the shit talk between colby and jorge.

Yeah same, not sure about the Usman thing but pretty much everything you said is my sentiments on it with the Colby thing and the title :)

Ok forget the whole what will and won't happen because you can argue that for days and when push comes to shove none of us know so NOT from the perspective of what you think will happen but from the perspective of what you would LIKE to see happen.

Some of the options that come to mind I hear spoke about is the Nick Diaz thing, Conor McGregor wanting a crack at this BMF, the rematch with Nate, the winner of Colby and Usman for a title shot or Colby himself simply due to the shit between them right now and Jorge being adamant to get him even more so than he did Ben Askren. Of course to a lesser degree there's the Leon Edwards thing but that seems to have taken a back seat at the moment obviously.

There's probably more but those are the one's which are coming to mind for me at the moment.

For me personally I'd actually like to see Masvidal get the title shot to be honest, I think he's earned it so ideally I'd like to see him fight the winner of Colby and Usman to compete for the belt and see if he can finally win that. If it happens to be Colby then that would be a bonus because Jorge has some legit beef but if not I'd really like to see him challenge for a title now as opposed to all the other bullshit that's going around, you can get a little fed up of all that and I think he's earned the title shot which could be exciting.

However ideally which fight would you like to see Jorge take next?

Again, I will stress this cause I know there's always a small handful who don't listen and don't read so it's NOT what you think will or won't happen before you start arguing but which you would LIKE to see happen.

I look forward to hearing from you guys :)

He should face leon edwards for #1 contendership in early 2020...

This is the only logical answer..

1) they have beef and juicy story for the casuals.

2) there are close in rankings

3) Welterweight title will be contested soon and a new challenger will be needed

4) BMF title was an exhibition championship fight at best and should really have a no barring on the state of the welterweight division..facts remain leon edwards is unbeaten since at least 2016 and masvidal is 3 and 2 in his last 5 if you include nate..hardly a top tier record

Woodley should get the loser of the colby vs kamaru fight..and if victorious he will he next in line after masvidal/edwards winner

Dana should hire me as match maker...or as i fighter lol...

Fighters probably cheaper LOL

He should face leon edwards for #1 contendership in early 2020...

This is the only logical answer..

1) they have beef and juicy story for the casuals.

2) there are close in rankings

3) Welterweight title will be contested soon and a new challenger will be needed

4) BMF title was an exhibition championship fight at best and should really have a no barring on the state of the welterweight division..facts remain leon edwards is unbeaten since at least 2016 and masvidal is 3 and 2 in his last 5 if you include nate..hardly a top tier record

Woodley should get the loser of the colby vs kamaru fight..and if victorious he will he next in line after masvidal/edwards winner

Dana should hire me as match maker...or as i fighter lol...

Fighters probably cheaper LOL

lol at the hiring thing :D

Is that the fight you would like to see ideally the most then, I'd like to see the fight but I think he deserves the TS now and would be more excited seeing Masvidal vs (Title Holder) announced than Masvidal vs Leon Edwards :)

lol at the hiring thing :D

Is that the fight you would like to see ideally the most then, I'd like to see the fight but I think he deserves the TS now and would be more excited seeing Masvidal vs (Title Holder) announced than Masvidal vs Leon Edwards :)

It wouldn't really be fair to leon edwards though , the guy is a stellar prospect and is on a good win streak...

Woodley gave him mad props recently in an interview giving him a lot of praise..

I think this is the match to make that works best given the current welterweight landscape...

I think edwards vs Masvidal would be crazy entertaining and a true match up for contendership...masvidal will have an experience and speed edge..while leon has good fight iq and power as well as a ton of momentum behind him..hard to beat

And yeah...Dana gunna Dana man he pays only what he wants to lol

Back