I need to know if Nick Diaz vs Jorge Masvidal is a distinct possibility here

BluntForceTrama

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Cmon Sherdog let me have it right now because I need to know.

And no that’s not a Debbie Gibson song.

I was thinking Conor would be a no 1 grosser but the more this one intensifies the more I’ll start to think this has raging unintentional drama and blockbuster written all over it.

Let’s make it happen. For a fitting unretireement fight let’s support this possibility into fruition

I have no doubt the UFC would make this fight given the opportunity, they just need to sober Nick up, get him through a drug test and have him pass a medical.

If he can manage all of that then they'll give him a decent pay day to get knocked out and embarrassed by Masvidal.

That'll look good for Masvidal too, first guy to finish both Diaz brothers.

Last edited:
Yup. While framing this as the OG BMFer seeking revenge for baby brother they got a bigun right here. Low hanging fruit really.

And nick seems more motivated than I can actually remember

Agreed on Masvidal smashing both Diaz’s and marking legendary status

Lol theres no chance this fight happens. Masvisal is on the cusp of a title shot or red panty night (Conor). Masvisal isnt taking 50 steps back to fight a 5 year restired Nick who isnt guaranteed to be a draw in today's climate. The "talks" of Nick vs Masvidal is all white noise. It means nothing and amounts to nothing but doo doo in your hands. Nick needs to get back the right way. As for Nate, he isnt getting his rematch. Masvidal himself already said that hes done with the Diaz bros. It's either going to be Colby or Conor next

Did Nick leave the testing pool ?!?!?!?

Anybody know?

Lol theres no chance this fight happens. Masvisal is on the cusp of a title shot or red panty night (Conor). Masvisal isnt taking 50 steps back to fight a 5 year restired Nick who isnt guaranteed to be a draw in today's climate. The "talks" of Nick vs Masvidal is all white noise. It means nothing and amounts to nothing but doo doo in your hands. Nick needs to get back the right way. As for Nate, he isnt getting his rematch. Masvidal himself already said that hes done with the Diaz bros. It's either going to be Colby or Conor next

Nothing more than wolf tickets, even white belts can see the obvious.

The whole situation reminds me of the DC Lesnar talk that was going on after Cormier's fight with Lewis. I guess it's a fun idea, but it's nothing besides a novelty. There isn't an intelligent human being on this earth who thinks Nick has a realistic chance against Jorge. Masvidal's next fight is going to be for the belt. If he doesn't beat Usman or Colby for that, then there's a slim chance a fight with Nick will happen. If he does, there's no chance Nick comes back and jumps everyone in line for a title shot.

Jorge's and Conor aren't ever going to fight either. Dana's already said it won't happen. There's no point in that fight. If Jorge wins, it's more tarnish on Conor's resume. If Conor wins, he's not going on a run at WW, so what's the point?

Anderson Silva: " The Neek is on the crack. He no fight no more til he stop with the drinky drinky. Just smoke marjuanny. Is good."
SecondCriminalFlickertailsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

Diaz is a 36-year old has been that hasn’t won a fight in 8 years.

It speaks clearly about the lack of stars in current MMA when this guy is still getting mentioned for big fights.

Cmon Sherdog let me have it right now because I need to know.

And no that’s not a Debbie Gibson song.

I was thinking Conor would be a no 1 grosser but the more this one intensifies the more I’ll start to think this has raging unintentional drama and blockbuster written all over it.

Let’s make it happen. For a fitting unretireement fight let’s support this possibility into fruition
giphy.gif

Nick was never an elite WW. Prime or not he would get butchered by Masvidal

Guys jorge hemmed and hawed all day long when asked who he wanted to fight next. This isn’t just one interview. He has said as much on others as well.

What he did specify is that the only thing that matters to him right now is money. Not the belt. Just cold cash.

They can easily turn this into a huge draw imo. And some of you guys cast doubt on nicks ability to handle Jorge. His record is even more prolific when compared to his brothers. With wins over in prime lawlor gomi Paul Davies cyborg Bjpenn while incidentally being one of those guys who’s never really had his ass handed to him I will never doubt Nick Diaz’s ability.

The whole situation reminds me of the DC Lesnar talk that was going on after Cormier's fight with Lewis. I guess it's a fun idea, but it's nothing besides a novelty. There isn't an intelligent human being on this earth who thinks Nick has a realistic chance against Jorge. Masvidal's next fight is going to be for the belt. If he doesn't beat Usman or Colby for that, then there's a slim chance a fight with Nick will happen. If he does, there's no chance Nick comes back and jumps everyone in line for a title shot.

Jorge's and Conor aren't ever going to fight either. Dana's already said it won't happen. There's no point in that fight. If Jorge wins, it's more tarnish on Conor's resume. If Conor wins, he's not going on a run at WW, so what's the point?
Lol at thinking Dana's word means anything. "But Dana said" LOL you must ride the short bus to school. 100% I guarantee you that Conor vs Masvidal will happen during the summer

Guys jorge hemmed and hawed all day long when asked who he wanted to fight next. This isn’t just one interview. He has said as much on others as well.

What he did specify is that the only thing that matters to him right now is money. Not the belt. Just cold cash.

They can easily turn this into a huge draw imo. And some of you guys cast doubt on nicks ability to handle Jorge. His record is even more prolific when compared to his brothers. With wins over in prime lawlor gomi Paul Davies cyborg Bjpenn while incidentally being one of those guys who’s never really had his ass handed to him I will never doubt Nick Diaz’s ability.
You're the reason why people hate Diaz fans. Nate has far better wins then Nick and is a way better fighter. Nate actually has wins over prime elite top 5 fighters in his weight class. Cowboy. Johnson. Pettis. Nate beat Conor when Conor was p4p#2. That win shits all over any win Nick has. When ever Nick fought an actual prime contender he lost bad (Sherk/Karo/Sanchez/Condit). Nate is a way better fighter then Nick ever was. You're also out of your mind if you think a fight with Nick would even do a fraction of the numbers Conor does.

The UFC gave us CM Punk and James Toney...of course its a possibility, ya goof.

You're the reason why people hate Diaz fans. Nate has far better wins then Nick and is a way better fighter. Nate actually has wins over prime elite top 5 fighters in his weight class. Cowboy. Johnson. Pettis. Nate beat Conor when Conor was p4p#2. That win shits all over any win Nick has. When ever Nick fought an actual prime contender he lost bad (Sherk/Karo/Sanchez/Condit). Nate is a way better fighter then Nick ever was. You're also out of your mind if you think a fight with Nick would even do a fraction of the numbers Conor does.
You have got to shitting me with that cerronne Johnson washed up Pettis horseshit comparison to what nicks done. Fucking no question Nate bows down to nick in the hands department. No fn question

I don't think so, it'll probably be something that just fades out I reckon.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Jorge get a title shot soon after the Usman and Colby fight to be honest.

Not very likely. This is typical Helwani stuff to make up fantasy fights.
Mas either fights for the title or vs Conor next. Nick propably isnt even a big draw anymore considering newer fans only know him as Nates big bro.
And there is also his little feud with USADA. I doubt he will stay of the dope for a long enough time to make it through their tests since he likely isnt getting the Jon Jones treatment.
This has the same quality of Fury challenging for the HW title, or Brock, or Cruise vs Bieber or whatever bs some journalists have made up in the past.

Jorge's first BMF title defense, LOL?!

After he beats Nick, who's next?

Back