Bisping Says Anderson Silva Fight Left Him Scarred

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Bisping Interview to Launch New UFC Gym in UK

Q. In your opinion, who is the best fighter you ever faced?

A. Either Anderson Silva or Georges St-Pierre, one of those two.

Anderson Silva. . . I won that fight but my face looks a little different, got scars all over after that one…

GSP . . . I mean, I could beat GSP but I went in there with one eye and damaged ribs - Still, I always have a lot of respect for Georges; he’s a great guy and a consummated professional. All young mixed martial artists should try and base themselves on him. He’s constantly evolving, looking at new training methods; he’s not out there boozing and falling out of nightclubs. He’s someone who fighters should really aspire to be like.

Q. Despite retirement, you still seem actively involved in the sport?

A. Yes, Wednesday morning I’m flying to São Paulo and commentating the UFC event there. I do a lot of commentating now. It’s great to be involved still and, fortunately, now it’s big, I can earn a living! The sport is evolving all the time and the athletes keep getting better and better.

Q. Do you think that having facilities like UFC gym in the UK will help train more British UFC stars in the future?

A. The thing is, with UFC Gym, if we achieve that then fantastic, but that’s not really what this place is all about. I have a UFC Gym in Costa Mesa, California about 20 minutes from where I live and realistically they’re fitness places.

Martial arts has been very good to me, it’s taught me a lot of discipline, respect, confidence, self-defence. But if you can shape a healthy lifestyle that’s what the gym is really all about. The classes are amazing. It’s a very welcoming place for families. They’re really [only] state-of-the-art fitness facilities with UFC branding.

You come in here, you’ve got that energy, the music’s pumping, it’s a great place to work out and there’s a great community. We’re not here to groom the next lot of fighters, of course. It will help the sport grow and if we discover new talent, that would be amazing for us. But, as I say, primarily, were trying to spread fitness.

https://www.leftlion.co.uk/read/2019/november/michael-bisping-nov-2019/

Prime Silva stiffens Michael Ping

Post prime Silva fought a much healthier and better version of Bisping than GSP did

Two facts

He wasn't in his prime when he fought Anderson Silva either.
GSP > Dickpills Silva

Bisping beat UFC Goat Anderson Silva with one eye only

Bisping the cyclop goat

Smart.. saying the guy you beat is the best makes you look better

method=get&s=dan-henderson-michael-bisping-gif-03-13-11-9-42-31-844.gif

bisping still salty that gsp went up a weight class after a 4 year long layoff and wrecked him completely

I see this is already becoming a Silva vs GSP thread...

Well duh. Both old man Henderson and Silva put him through the meat grinder. Even Bisping is finally admiting it..so I don't get why fans get bent out of shape when you suggest that X fighter got beat up badly and barely won by points. We got eyes here. We can see who got hurt more.

Same goes for the those blind nut hugging fans who say * The only only reason my favorite fighter is busted up so much more than the other guy is because he bleeds/bruises easier* LOL... Nah dawg your fighter just got punched harder and probably more often.

So this means if you’re doing aerobics, you’re training UFC?

what is a "consummated professional" exactly?

for those turning this into a Silva vs GSP debate, let's not forget the vaseline when mentioning dick pills.

Post prime Silva fought a much healthier and better version of Bisping than GSP did

Two facts
Yup, straight from the horses mouth

Ping confirms that 40 year old Silva took most of what was left of his chin. 46 year old Hendo finished his chin off.

The cold hard truth is that Michael was shopworn and damaged goods after Silva and Hendo were through with him. Some would say Ping was ripe for the picking at that point.

He wasn't in his prime when he fought Anderson Silva either.
GSP > Dickpills Silva

Too bad he spent his whole career ducking Silva, or we would have a real answer to who was better.

Too bad he spent his whole career ducking Silva, or we would have a real answer to who was better.
Silva had fought at welterweight before why didn't he move down? Also why didn't he move up to face Jones? <Moves>

Right, almost forgot.
anderson-silva-greasing.gif

BrilliantChillyHatchetfish-size_restricted.gif

NSAC executive director on this issue:

Kizer, though, said it’s not an issue of whether a fighter touches his face after a cutman applies a coat of Vaseline – to prevent, of course, the unnecessary gashes that often come from gloves – but whether there’s a significant amount of the substance to provide an unfair advantage.

“The inspectors are there close,” he said. “They can see both guys’ chests and back when they’re getting ready to go, and the referee can see it as well. So if for some reason they thought the guy was using that to get an advantage and it was something significant, they’d just grab a towel and wipe the guy down.”

“I can tell you that watching at cageside … there was nothing that raised a concern to me, as opposed to what I saw with (Phil) Nurse and (Georges) St-Pierre back in the day.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2011...6-greasing-speculation-much-ado-about-nothing

Using the one eye excuse when he fought GSP yet he's had the most success in his career and became UFC champion after his eye injury.

GSP ducked Silva why is there still a debate on whos better?
Yup, straight from the horses mouth

Ping confirms that 40 year old Silva took most of what was left of his chin. 46 year old Hendo finished his chin off.

The cold hard truth is that Michael was shopworn and damaged goods after Silva and Hendo were through with him. Some would say Ping was ripe for the picking at that point.

Two facts
{<redford}Andy fam taking care of business!

Back